Monday, May 16, 2011

Helloooooo!!!! So I have happy news, I am staying in my area and I'm so excited. I couldn't sleep a wink last night because I knew that transfer calls were coming in the morning. I'm so stoked to stay in the Indy YSA and continue to help the area grow. I am sad though because I'm taking Sister Summers to the mission home tonight:((( We have been crying all week, but all is well. I will find out who my companion is on Wednesday at transfer meeting and all that good stuff. It's been such a great transfer and I have learned so much. I'm going to miss Sister Summers but oh we have had great times that's for sure!

We had an amazing testimony meeting yesterday called 'Why I Believe' and it is something that I look forward to every month. It's a great place to bring investigators because recent converts and investigators bear their testimony of the gospel. It's so inspiring and I love it. Renee spoke and she has such a solid testimony and she brought a friend as well so she is already doing her missionary work:) It was fun to see President and Sister Collins and be around a lot of missionaries, we had a little too much fun with the camera last night. Sister Summers and I did a musical number for the fireside and she sang, while I played, my favorite childrens song, 'When He Comes Again.' It turned out so well. We also had stake conference yesterday and it was a broadcast from Salt Lake and Elder Perry and Elder Eyring spoke. I thought they would have talked more about the temple and plans for it but they didn't.

Summer semester started this past week and there are a lot of people on campus and the weather is beautfiul so we have been able to talk to more people and it's great. I was a bit worried for summer with everyone leaving but I know that there are people that are prepared for our message. It has been so blasted hot here, and the humidity, oh my heavens, I don't know if I am going to be alive by the end of summer. Apparently the weather now is nothing compared to what it will be so that will be interesting:)))

We have had some great lessons this week and the members of the branch have been so helpful in coming to lessons with us and we have been encouraging them every chance we get to invite a friend to church next week. We have put a lot of work into this day and I know it can be fantastic and the members are getting excited too. Ahhhhh I'm just so happy to be here in Indy YSA for another transfer because I know that this area has so much potential.

Well my letter is kind of short this week, we have to be at the mission home in a little bit but everything is wonderful here and I know that this gospel is a way that we can experience that true joy that Heavenly Father wants all of His children to have. I'm enjoying this work and being a disciple of my Savior, it's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be but seeing that joy and teaching this gospel helps me to endure:)

Love,
Sister Erica Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment