Monday, May 9, 2011

I just wanted to share some things that I learned from zone conference. Oh I wish we had zone conference every transfer instead of every other but I walked out feeling a bit overwhelmed but I really want to do my best and this mission is doing some amazing things and I'm so happy to be a part of it. President Collins is so inspired and truley is in tune with what the Lord needs each of us to do to be successful. One thing he mentioned that has stuck with me was when he was telling the story of Peter, after Christ was resurrected, and he didn't know what to do to continue the work, so he went back to fishing and Christ came to him and told him when I asked to leave your nets behind I meant forever. So President was just trying to emphasize that we have been called disciples of Christ forever and that we have promised him that we will leave our nets behind and continue to go forward. I can't believe how many pages of notes I took for this zone conference, I love it so much.

I did 2 exchanges this week with Sister Freer and I went to her area in Brownsburg and then Sister Latu came to my area!!! It was a blast and I learned SOOOO much on these exchanges. Sister Latu only has one more transfer left and so I was able to learn a lot from her and she gave me some great advice for the journey ahead. Sister Latu is tongan and she goes to Hawaii every summer to work at the Polynesian Cultural Center. She wants me to come join her when I get home, so I think that would be pretty sweet! I can't believe Sister Summers goes home next week, I'm going to miss her so much. I was so happy to be able to serve with her again and it's been a blast that's for sure. We have had some incredible experiences together and I'm so grateful for those little miracles that we have been able to see.

Hilary got baptized on Saturday and she was so nervous to tell her parents about her decision but she finally did and they ended up coming to the baptism. I know that meant the world to her and I was so happy they came. She is just so sweet and she got a lot of support from the YSA branch and she is going to do great things. It was a bit chaotic at first because everyone was there except the people that were speaking and giving the closing prayer. We were worried for a bit but luckily they finally showed up and it was all dandy after that. She had Sister Summers and I do a musical number and she sang Where Can I Turn for Peace? and I played the piano. I'm so grateful for the many opportunities that I have been having to play the piano. I truly have felt the Lord using that talent on my mission and I have noticed that I am improving a lot.

The weather is continuing to be beautiful and I love it!!!! I have a busy week ahead of me but I love it cuz our week is full of teaching appointments and that is something that the Lord is helping us with and people are continuing to progress so it makes my heart smile. I love you all so much and I'm so happy that everything is just swell back at home. You are all so wonderful and you are in my prayers daily and I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3

Love,
Sister Erica Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment