Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dear Family,
I was so happy to hear that Sister Summers stopped by!!!!! Things are going really well here. We had a two day leadership training and it was absolutely amazing. It threw Sister Bankhead and I a little off to not be in our area for 2 days, but we got back into the swing of things in no time! It was so fun to be around so many missionaries and I got to see Sister Little and so that made me so happy. She is doing well and she is serving up in Lafeyette, we haven't seen each other in a few months so it was great little reunion. Sister Lambson was there and Sister Collins about flipped out when she saw us both. "MY LITTLE LAMBY'S!!!!!" President just laughs and shakes his head. I love trainings from President Collins and he empasized at the beginning of the training that a member of the Godhead, the Holy Ghost, will be with us. It just puts a whole new perspective on things!

We stayed in Anderson and I loved being back there. It was amazing, we stopped by a recent converts house to see how she is, and I taught her the first time she got introduced to the church and then I got transferred the following week, but when we showed up on her door step she recognized me! It made my heart so happy! Then Sister Carter was on the phone with an investigator that I also worked with when I was here, and she told him and his wife, Devonna and Charlie, that I was here, and they wanted to talk to me, it was so good to hear their voices. Then right before we left the next morning, Charlie pulled up because he wanted to say hello! I was so grateful, I only served there for one transfer but I loved those people and that area so much!

Sister Bankhead and I are doing really well and having a lot of fun. She has been doing great and is speaking up a lot more in our lessons! I'm so proud of her. She has a desire to help these people and I love that about her. I was telling Sister Collins at the training how grateful I am that I have the opportunity to train again, it's been a really special experience, as were the other times, but I'm glad I get to be with Sister Bankhead. I see her improving, even though she may not see it, but I do and I love it. I had a lot of the same fears that she does when I first came out, and so I'm happy I can help her overcome them.

Michaela is getting baptized this Saturday!!!!!! The ward has been so supportive and we are all so excited for her. Michaela is so happy and her boyfriend, who is a less active, is also so happy and making awesome changes in his life as well. It was so funny, we were having her try on jumpsuits and she is so stinkin skinny that she was just lost inside of all of them, but one of the members of the bishopric, his wife, brought her temple dress and it was perfect. We are also way excited because Michaela is going to be doing a musical number at the baptism, so that will be really special. We met a family the other night, and the wife is a less active and her husband is not a member. They are the cutest little family, they have three kids and were really receptive to us. We taught them about having family prayer, and the one little girl that is 4, said that she thinks family prayer would bring them closer together. Oh the feeling that came over me when she said those words, was lovely! This precious little child understood why they need to prayer and it invited the Spirit into their home! I love this area!!!

It was so funny, we had a lesson with a guy, John, and we were teaching him about the Word of Wisdom. He is a stubborn guy and he has been smoking since he was 6 and so he didn't think it would be possible for him to stop. He was able to quit drinking cold turkey, but doesn't have the desire to stop smoking because he said that he is mean when he doesn't smoke. We told him that we could help him with a plan to stop and so the whole time the spirit is telling me to take 7 cigarrettes, I don't know why but finally I asked for them and he put up a little fight but then gave them to me, well threw them on the floor, but nonetheless, he gave them to me:) It was pretty awesome. We will see how he does these next few days.

Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment