Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dear Family,

My new companion is a sweetheart. Her name is Sister Bankhead and she is from Idaho and she has brother that is also serving, they went into the MTC together! She is way cute and we have been having fun so far:) She is pretty shy and so we are working a lot with our teaching so that it is 50/50. She had to let some tears out yesterday and I was grateful that she did. I know exactly what she is feeling because it's scary and overwhelming at the beginning. I was able to share with how much I have had to rely on the Lord, that is the only way that I have been able to get to where I am today. He has held my hand the whole time and I know will always be there. I shared with her how much prayer has been a powerful tool for me. My prayer journal means the world to me and I have been able to realize who I'm kneeling before and that He is listening to me. It's so cool. She is going to be great and I'm excited to be a part of her journey in this work that I love so much!

Michaela is progressing and getting very excited for her baptism. She will be having her interview this week. She has been so much fun to teach and is understanding these principles well for a 17 year old. She sent us a message this past week that as she has been praying specifically about prophets she is receiving clarity. We gave her the website to go and watch Thomas S. Monson share a message and I think that will confirm to her that he is the prophet today. She felt like she had to know everything about each prophet, but we reassured her and we know as she listens to a modern day prophet that He will help her with guidance and comfort for what she is going through right now in her life.

We met with two new investigators, Stacy and Leslie. Leslie met with missionaries once before but didn't learn a whole lot and so we were grateful she was very open to meeting with us. We got to know her and her expectations. She has a desire to read from the Book of Mormon and said she wants to do the things that will help her know her purpose. We committed her to baptism and she accepted. We are going to set a date with her tonight. Stacy is someone that we tracted into and we actually talked to her dad the first time and then when we tried back, Stacy invited us in and told us her life story. This gospel is for everyone and I love having that confirmed to me as I meet people from all walks of life and that the gospel can give someone direction and I hope Stacy can feel that as we start to teach her.

It's going to be a crazy week, I have a two day leadership training to go to in Fishers, so I'm excited for that, especially to hear from President Collins. He just amazes me every time he speaks. I also love being around all the missionaries, the spirit is so solid when we all get together. Transfers was kind of sad because, Sister Vanderhooft and Sister Marshall are leaving at the end of this transfer. I hate seeing my friends leave! The weather is so weird here and can't make up it's mind. We have had lots of rain and wind but winter hasn't really showed up, besides the ice storm last week. I'm grateful that winter hasn't been here in full force, but I'm just waiting for it still:) I cannot believe that February is here, but I love Valentines day, even though I can't exactly celebrate it, I love the candy and all the cute hearts in the stores, it makes my heart smile!!

Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment