Monday, January 16, 2012

Dear Family,
I had a great week from exchanges to interviews. It was so wonderful to have that one on one time with President Collins and to seek comfort and advice from him. I know the things that we talked about were from the spirit and as I have applied those things, I have felt refreshed:) He is an amazing person that I'm very privileged to serve under. I also went on exchanges in North Vernon with Sister Williams. Oh my gosh we had so much fun. It was great to be with someone who feels the same way that I do about missionary work. Sister Williams is from Bountiful and she has been out for about 6 months. She is a hoot and we just had a blast. It is always fun going to another area for a day and just a breath of fresh air. It did feel so good to come back to my area though, I love it so very much. The ward and the those that we are working with, I just know without a doubt that the Lord needed me in Bloomington.

Transfer calls are next Monday, so I'm getting a little anxious about that because I don't want leave. Sister Freer and I have had some great times together and I'm grateful that we got to serve for two transfers together. We have been working with a less active, Emily and her son, Jayden and they have been struggling for a long time. Emily is finally coming to church consistently and Jayden has been sitting in our lessons now. It has been a blessing from Heavenly Father to see the change in them. I was so happy yesterday in our lesson, because we got Jayden a children's Book of Mormon and he is excited to read from the Book of Mormon now and Emily has decided she wants to go to the gospel doctrine since they are learning about the Book of Mormon. They are excited about the gospel and it's wonderful. The gospel is true and living it truly does make one happy. It's so great!!!! I love it. Jayden said the prayer at the end of our lesson and it was the sweetest prayer and Emily got a little emotional. I can tell how much their relationship has changed because they are doing the small and simple things together.

We have been working with this cute little family that I adore. The dad is a member but hasn't been active for 15 years and so his wife and children aren't members. The dad, Uriah, came to church and wants this for his family. Last week we taught them the Plan of Salvation and Heather really wants her family to be eternal. We have been trying to think of ideas to get Tate, the four year old, more involved, because he is so hyper, adorable, but hyper. We brought a bunch of pictures for him to color but that worked for 2 minutes and then he wanted me to finish coloring for him:) They are a cute family! Things our going well for us though. Michaela and Phillip are still doing good and working towards their baptism dates, Feb. 11 and Mar. 17. It got super duper cold last week and snowed, but now it's nice again, gloomy but still the snow is melting and it's supposed to be nice this week, so that was good to hear. I haven't had to break out my 5 layers of leggings yet....
Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment