Monday, January 2, 2012

Dear Family,
Happy New Year!!!!!!  Well we finally have our snow with a heavy dose of wind chill...blahhhh!  It snowed a few days after Christmas and it snowed again today and the wind is awful:(  It's been kind of a slow week, just with the holidays there weren't a lot of people home and so I know this week will be good though.  Heavenly Father is definitely blessing me with memorization skills.  President Collins has asked all of the missionaries to memorize a scripture once a week and we get a specific one each week, so that' been a good challenge.   
Ugh, we had to drop Jim and that just broke my heart. I try not to take it hard but that is very hard for me because I really grew to love him and I had a lot of hope that he would change. Maybe too much hope. He just doesn't believe it's true. I know we did all we could for him but his heart just wasn't completly open, even though I felt as if he did have a true desire but I guess he just isn't ready now. He will accept it one day and I know he won't forget the countless times Sister Freer and I bore testimony. He's a good guy and I have loved teaching him and I will continue to hope for him.
We set our district baptism goal for January and for Highland we are going to strive to set two baptismal dates. We have set one with Phillip for March 17, he is working towards that but it is still a struggle to get him to church because of his work schedule.    We are going to also work on setting a date with Michaela. She is a doll and is very self-motivated. Yesterday she didn't make to our ward and so she went to the other ward and we were so impressed with her determination to go to church because she knows it's important. I love her so much! 
 
Yesterday, Sister Freer and I taught the gospel principles class and it was on temple work and family history.  It was really neat to hear of experiences that people have had as they have done temple work for their family!  I was just in awe the whole time.  Dixie shared some cool experiences she had doing work for her family as well as Sam's family (he is the vietnam vet) and it got me excited to do work for our family and how crucial it is for us to do.  We went over to the family history center to get familar with it so we can use it to help investigators, and I went and looked at our family names and it is something that I want to do more of. 
Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment