Monday, December 26, 2011

Dear Family,
It was wonderful to hear from you!!!!!!  It made my day for sure:)  I have been so grateful for the support you have shown me and I will never forget the feelings I have felt during Christmas.  It truly has been amazing to be representing Jesus Christ, especially this time of year.  My testimony of my Savior has deepened and that is giving me the strength to continue to press forward and do what He has asked me to do.  I have noticed during my time as a missionary that my prayers have changed and that I am asking what the Lord's will is.  That has helped me so much and the spirit has been guiding me every day.  I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

Sister Freer and I had a great experience with John.  He has been pretty frustrating since day one and he is a little slower but he would create contention and he was offended when he came to church last. We decided to teach him the Plan of Salvation to help him with a concern that he had. We used some pictures that I drew to help him visualize the plan. It's as if a light just clicked and his countenance changed. He understood and during the lesson there were no feelings of frustration. We called him during the week to see how his reading was going and he said that he read what we asked him to read in the Plan of Salvation pamphlet and he then asked us if there was something specific that he should read in the Book of Mormon. We couldn't believe what we were hearing! He told us that we must trust him enough to have him read these things. It made my heart swell.

As hard as some of the days have been this past week, I have continued to feel the Spirit guiding me in our lessons. We met with a less active, Amy, who has such a great understanding of the gospel and amazing insight but she doesn't act on the things she knows. As we started teaching her I felt we should talk about her role as a mother and the wonderful responsibility she has felt since being a mother. I am always in awe of mothers and respect them so very much for loving motherhood. It was great to talk to Amy about that and what she wants for her children. As she was talking she brought up the concern of why she hasn't been acting. She says she is afraid of responsibility and commitment. I shared with a scripture from D&C 11, I have no idea where that came from, well I have an idea, but I am not the best at recalling scriputres and as I shared it with her I knew that is what she needed to hear. That her desire to do better is what the Lord needs of her and that her desire will bless her daughters. Unfortunately she didn't come to church, but I can't deny the spirit that I felt and that she felt.
I'm excited for another week and I have been looking for the Lord's hand in each day and it has been there.  It was so wonderful to talk to you and I love each of you dearly.  Sorry it's kind of short this week but I'm sure there will more stories next week:) 
Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment