Monday, December 5, 2011

Dearest Family,
Happy birthday yesterday Coi!!!!!! I love you!!!!!! Thank you so much for the Christmas package, it was wonderful and Sister Freer and I had a lot of fun decorating our little tree. We even made a fireplace out of construction paper and we have stockings, mine has a kitty on it:) The rice bags came in handy, especially this past week, because I got sick, it was awful. Sister Collins told me to stay in one day and I just was doped up on dayquill which helped but ugh it was not fun. I'm feeling better, I'm still congested but the aches and pains and other things that go with the stomach flu are gone. The elders gave me a blessing and that really helped me, it was an amazing blessing and I'm so grateful for our elders here. It was awesome, as soon as Elder Enslow laid his hands on my head, everything went away, I felt pure peace, it was incredible, all my worries, feelings of being sick, everything went away for that small moment that he gave me a blessing. I love the priesthood.

That is crazy about the winds, I'm glad everybody is okay. It is still raining here:) Sister Freer and I were tracting and it was raining and then all the sudden it was the coolest thing, the rain looked like it was in slow motion and then it started snowing. It stuck for a day but melted and now it's raining...still. We had a good week, even though I was down for a time, we still were able to work hard and see those that we needed to see and also meet some new people.

We went to go and try a former investigator and he wasn't home and as we were walking back we saw a man sitting on his front step and went and talked with him. He was so nice and he said that he knew we were religious just by the way we carried ourselves. As we were talking to him, he told that he had seen the ads on TV for mormon.org and he and his family loved them. He was so excited to talk with us and wanted to know why we were so happy and also the people on TV. It was so special. We were able to set up a time to come and see him and his family, and Sister Freer and I really connected with them. They have two children and they truly are searching for truth and happiness. It was an amazing lesson as we talked to them about the Book of Mormon and why we are so happy. The only down side is that they are moving into the Clear Creek boundaries, I know they will be in good hands but it was so sad because we really clicked, but the Lord is in the work and if they are truly ready they will progress. I do know that we were led to them by the Spirit.

We have been meeting with Phillip regularly and he is doing well. I'm hoping he can start getting Sundays off so that he can continue to progress but he is keeping all of his other commitments and his desire to learn is awesome. We also had an amazing lesson with Jim and found out a concern that he has with church and we were able to help him with that and promised him that if he came to all three hours of church he would feel the spirit. We felt like we had made a breakthrough with him, because he said as he has been reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible it's like a lightbulb has clicked. His heart was being open and I know the influence of the Spirit could touch him as he comes to church. He felt the same way and then we went to see him on Saturday and everything changed. He said he wants to go to a different church and then modern day prophets was confusing him. Sister Freer and I, our hearts just fell out of our chest. It wasn't the same person. I'm curious to see what his experience was like. I know it is hard for him because he was raised with a different view of things and he is going where he feels more of a familiarity, but we aren't trying to take away any of that. We are giving him more, I know we are. It just breaks my heart. We are meeting with him this week to see how church was and we committed him to read Alma 5.

We did have a great experience with a less active yesterday in church. His name is Uriah and he hasn't been to church in 15 years. We were talking with his brother earlier in the week and he said that Uriah wants to start coming back. We talked to Uriah and he said he does and that he was planning on coming to sacrament. He came yesterday and was so touched by the Spirit, it was beautiful. He knows this is where he needs to be and it was awesome. His wife and children are not members and I think he is going to be a great example to them as he takes these steps towards Christ. We are meeting with him this week and Sister Freer and I are very excited.

The gospel is truly from a loving Heavenly Father and our Savior. Hope you were able to watch the first presidency Christmas Devotional last night, we went over to a members house and had cookies and hot chocolate while we watched and made invitations for the ward Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun. I love you all oodles and I hope you are staying warm and I'm glad no one blew away. How are my little kitties, I think of you all and PJ when I'm freezing on a doorstep:)
Love, Sister Lamb





No comments:

Post a Comment