Monday, November 28, 2011

My dear family,
What a Thanksgiving!!!! Yeah needless to say, Sister Freer and I barely made it through all the dinners. The members sure took care of us and they can definitely cook...oh my! It was a good day and it was fun to be with members and get to know them, they have been so kind to us and I just love this ward! Yesterday at church, I was talking with Jane, who is the cutest little 4 year old and we were talking a bunch of nonsense and I love her so much. We had dinner with her and her family the first night in Bloomington so their family holds a dear place in my heart. Her mom came up to me afterwards and says that she can't stop talking about us and pretends that she is a missionary every other day. My heart just melted:) When we got home the other night we took out some Christmas decorations that were in our apartment and decorated. It is super ghetto but we love it. Thank you so much for the package, the clothes were darling, thank you!!! I also got a letter from two girls in your ward, Emma Dredge and Brooke Grow. It made my day, so please tell them thank you:)

We had a fun day where Sister Parker and Sister Slade came down and took us to lunch and came to a lesson with us. Sister Parker is the mission secretary and Sister Slade and her husband work in the mission office. They came out with me and they were proselyting at first and now they are in the office. It was so fun to be with them and we loved having them at our lesson with Bill and Aggie. I don't know if you got the email or not, it was the picture of me with Sam Davis, who is a medal of honor receipient from Vietnam. His wife is a member and he is not but is amazing and comes to church every Sunday, etc. They invited over to their home for lunch and got lots of stories. Apparently, in the movie Forrest Gump, when he receives the medal of honor, that is the footage of Sam receiveing the medal of honor, they just pasted Tom Hanks head in. In the movie when it shows what forrest gump does to receive the medal of honor is what Sam did to receive it. It was pretty interesting to hear all of that. They are an amazing couple and they travel together about 200 days in a year and he is a motivational speaker. There are only 85 living medal of honor receipents so it was cool to be there with him. He gave me a picture to send to Dad and he added a little note on there for him, so I will send that off this week. He is a remarkable man and he and his wife are just a hoot. They reminded me a lot of you, mom and dad, and so it was fun to be around them.

We had a really good lesson with Jim and we were able to resolve a concern that he has had and I think now his heart will open to the spirit which will testify to him of truth. He is so awesome and he made us an apple pie and chilli, it was really sweet. I love meeting with him and I hope he can be receptive to the spirit that I know is there in our lessons. We also had a great lesson with Michelle who had lots of questions about the temple and she loves the idea of an eternal marriage. We are praying to know of baptism dates for Jim and Michelle, I know that they can be ready as they continue to do the things that we have them do. We also have a new investigator, Phillip, who came to church last week with a friend of his. He loved church and when we had a lesson with him, he had read through half the gospel principles manual. It was amazing. We have a lesson tonight with him and I'm excited to see how he is doing.

It is just pouring here and it's getting colder! It was so fun, a sister that served here, she went home about 6 months ago came back to visit and she came to our apartment and then we took her to a lesson with us, it was so fun to see her. We only did exchanges together but we had a lot of fun! Things are going well for us and Sister Freer and I are trying to have giggle fests every day to keep our spirits high. No one ever told me how much your heart would break on the mission. We had to drop one of investigators and it was really hard for me because I get so attached and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am so thankful for the personal study that we have each day because I was able to find comfort and know that through my Savior that my heart can be mended. It's so beautiful. I love this gospel and I love being here and I know as I look for the good each day that my mission will continue to be all of who I am and I am able to give my whole heart to my area. I have been memorizing scriptures that help me out throughout the day to call upon and they are my comfort scriptures and they do just that:)
Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment