Monday, November 21, 2011

Dearest family,
I hope you are staying warm as well. It is definitely getting chilly here and I'm hoping we don't see snow for a little while longer, but who am I kidding:) I am loving my new area and the ward members have been doing so much for Sister Freer and I. Our washer broke and we asked our ward mission leader if he knew of anyone that could fix washers. He suggested someone and they came over and he said he need to check out some more parts. Well the next night when Sister Freer and I came home, he was standing in front of apt. door with a washer and he hooked it up and everything, it was the sweetest thing. We are pretty excited for Thanksgiving, we have 3 dinners that we are going to so that should be interesting but we can't wait!

We have been super busy this week and we have been working hard to help our investigators progress, it seems as if a lot of them have just plateued ( I don't know how to spell sometimes). We fasted for our finding yesterday and I know that we can help those that we are working with move forward and find those that are ready. I know that the Lord has prepared the hearts of people here in Bloomington. We had a really funny experience the other night in a lesson. We are teaching this super cute old couple who are about in their 80s, Bill and Aggie, and we were going to teach them about prayer. We asked them how their Book of Mormon reading was going and they told us what chapter they ended up at and then out of nowhere Aggie starts reading the next chapter and wasn't stopping anytime soon, then Bill picked up because Aggie ran out of wind, and Bill sounds just like Don Knotts and so I was loving it, because it was like Don Knotts was reading me the Book of Mormon. It was so funny and sweet, two 80 year olds reading the Book of Mormon to us...priceless.

We had a fun opportunity to do service at the Shaloam center where we serve food to the homeless, and we are going to go there on Thanksgiving too. It was a humbling experience and it's good to know that there are places that these people can go to get their basic needs met. We went out and talked to a couple of them and they are just some very sweet people and so I'm excited that we get to go there every week.

We had a sweet experience with another one of our investigators, Michelle, who is a doll and I'm hoping we can start teaching her husband too. We had a lesson with her at the church and taught her about Jospeh Smith and she was excited because she felt she could relate to him and as we were walking her out to her car, she said that she felt comfortable here. Oh we just love her so much and I'm excited to see her progress.

I wanted to send a shout out to mom and say thank you for teaching me how to clean. We met a girl and her fiancee and they invited us in their apartment and it was horrifying. It was just so sad and I know now more than ever why the spirit can't be in an unclean home or body. We asked if there was anything we could do for her and she wanted our help cleaning. So the next day Sister Freer and I geared up with cleaning supplies and some elbow grease and tackled that place. I think I vacuumed up 10 pounds of tobacco and that kitchen was spotless. I was grateful that we could do that for her, and I think some people have to have temporal needs met before they can progress spiritually. I'm hoping we can continue to help them learn how to keep a clean house and why that is important. It was really sad because I asked if she had any cleaning supplies or towels and she didn't have anything. So thank you mama for teaching me those skills, they are coming in more handy everyday:)

Have a happy thanksgiving and make sure to eat lots of pumpkin pie and extra marshmellows on the sweet potatoes. I will be sure to send pics of our thanksgiving adventures next week. I miss you and love you and hugs and kisses for you all.
Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment