Monday, November 7, 2011

Hello my cute family,
Well I knew I needed a fresh start but I had no idea what was ahead. I got double transferred into an area and yeah I have been running around like a chicked with it's head cut off. I am serving in Bloomington, in the Highland ward, and it is absolutely beautiful!!!! It is south of Indy and I have forgotten what the country looked like. It is breathtaking and there are hills, Indiana has hills, I miss the mountains but I will take what I can get:) It is where Indiana University (IU) is at and so it's nice being close to a college campus still. A lot of the members of the ward are graduate students at IU and so that has been pretty cool and they are all insanely smart.

The ward is pretty awesome and our second night we had a dinner appointment with the cutest family, and I will never forget them. The mom was a gem and gave us her GPS to use for the transfer, that has been a life saver because we have no idea how to get anywhere, may blessings be upon her head forever. They have three little girls that I just fell in love with and the oldest, Jane, she is four and she told me that she wants to be a missionary. Yesterday, she marched right up to the pulpit to bear her testimony by herself, and then afterwards she came up to me and I told her how awesome she did and then she said that she is practicing to be a missionary. My heart melted. The members are pretty cool and we are excited to get to know more of them. The members really embraced us with open arms and that is crucial to this work, to be able to build a trust with them.

We have been able to meet with a few of the investigators that the missionaries before were working with and we are going to focus on setting some baptismal dates with a few of them. This area is awesome and there are always people to teach. One of our investigators, Jim, is such a good person. He is struggling to feel the spirit and have that enlightement that he once felt years ago. I'm hoping we can help him with that and understand priesthood authority. He said the prayer at the end of our lesson and I knew without a doubt that Heavenly Father was hearing that prayer at that moment, it was really special.

We got here on Wednesday and we have just been trying to get our feet on the ground, talk about stepping the dark. I was thankful for advice that President gave us at transfer meeting, and that was of the story of David and Goliath and taking that stand alone with the Lord by our side. He dared us to do that and Sister Freer and I have certainly taken that step in the dark but things are working out and we are getting a handle on the area and relying on the Lord and our area book.

Our district is awesome and they have really supported us and we had an amazing testimony meeting on Friday and Elder Enslow, my zone leader, told us to center our mission on Jesus Christ. I loved that and I will not forget that. Our zone leaders got double transferred in as well and so we have been able to help each other as we are figuring out what we need to do in our areas. Ah the craziness of missions, I love it so much and I know we are not alone in this work. Sister Freer is so fun and we are having a good time and working really hard.
Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment