Monday, October 31, 2011

Dear Family,
I got the lovely phone call this morning, that I'm getting transferred, after 9 months of being in YSA, it's time. I was talking with Elder Banner, an assistant, and he told me that it's time for a change of scenery, I knew it was coming, it just took a lot out of me. My heart is here. Oh my tender heart really got the best of me yesterday and today, I know this is where the Lord needed me to be and now He needs me elsewhere. I trust Him. He led me here, so I can be assured that it will be good, if I continue to follow Him. I'm grateful for that knowledge, even though it was hard to see for a moment yesterday.

Church was hard yesterday, because I knew I was most likely getting transferred and just talking with the members, they just mean so much to me. I'm so happy I got to be in this area for so long, it has been the biggest blessing. It is going to be different that's for sure, especially teaching families, I won't know what to do:) I know that the area is going to be in good hands because the Lord is in the work. We had a lesson with a recent convert, Renee, she was one the very first people that I committed to baptism and to see how much she has grown, I know that I was called to Indiana to teach her. What a blessing it has been to see so many from the start and to see them now, I desire for more of that, and I know that there are more people out there and I want to find them, I want to find the pure and honest in heart. I'm a lucky girl, I think what did I do to deserve this happiness that couldn't come anywhere else. But I have been able to feel of true joy and so I'm going to keep going. I still get to be a full time missionary in Indiana, that makes my heart happy. I have realized that it's not only inviting investigators to come unto Christ, but the members, and my companions.

We found a lot of success this week, in our finding new investigators, and I know we were led to them. We were on campus and we were talking with people and had a really bad experience talking with a lady that was just full of misinformation and wasn't willing to listen. It kind of frustrated us as we walked away but we kept going. As we were walking, we noticed a girl on crutches and she was having a hard time, we all noticed her and I know that the spirit prompted us to talk to her. We approached her and offered to help her carry her books to class and got to know her along the way. She then mentioned that she worked with two girls that go to the YSA branch, it was a little miracle. We set up a return appointment and we had a great lesson with her and we are so excited for her.

We also met another girl on campus and we were able to teach of the Book of Mormon and she has such a open heart and desire to learn and receive an answer. We also started teaching Cristina, who has parents that are members but hasn't been baptized, she has gone to church here and there. She is the cutest little thing and I know she will be able to progress with the support of the branch in helping her feel welcome. It was really good to see the area see success again. I feel as if it has been successful the entire time, but it was good to build our teaching pool with solid investigators.

I have been reflecting a lot on the quote in Preach My Gospel, of leaving our area stronger than when we found it. I feel like I have done my very best and I can be accountable to the Lord for the work that I have done here. I'm going to miss the craziness of covering two areas and I'm going to miss being in a trio, as hard as it was and we had some ups and downs, but definitely more ups! We really have had a good time together and we all relied on the Spirit to get us through and know what we needed to do to carry two areas. It was funny yesterday, to keep me from crying, Sister Valencia wrote all the funny one liners that we all said during the transfer so that we would start laughing, it helped:)
Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment