Monday, October 24, 2011

Dear Familia, That is so awesome about the guy that moved into your ward recently. I have a huge testimony of member missionary work and just how that service is part of that. We had a member come to a lesson a few days ago and they were so willing to help them temporaly that I know will help then help them spiritually to receive the restored gospel. I had some very sweet experiences that will stay close to my heart forever. In district meeting we were talking about setting goals and I loved it and it really helped me to rely on the Lord when setting my goals. Goals are something that frustrate me a lot because I can get discouraged at the results and feel like I did all I could that week to reach them but then I don't reach them and it can get me down. I expressed this concern to Elder McAllister and bless his heart, we read the first sentence in the section of A Successful Missionary, and it's about the commitment to do what the Lord has asked. He then told me that I am committed to this work and that I am a hard worker. It really meant a lot and I felt his support as my leader and I felt my Heavenly Father's love through him. Another amazing thing that happened was two lessons that we had in YSA this week. One with Brother Rhoads and he has been going through a very hard time right now and he has been tempted with things that were a problem before his baptism. He hasn't been coming to church and he has been very hard to get ahold of. The elders in Indy 2nd have been concerned as well, I asked them to help me out by checking up on him since they live closer and I don't have as much to time to get up there anymore. We went over to his house and he was home and it started out a little awkward and he was different. We decided to sing 'I am a child of God' to him and I couldn't hold back the tears when he started singing it with us. His countenance changed, the spirit touched his heart, he felt God's love. He came to church yesterday and he is smiling more:) Another lesson that we had was a referral that we received, and we finally got to meet him. He is from China, his name is LiLi, and what a kind person who was influenced from great members years ago. We asked him about his knowledge of God and he believes that we have a God of love. He is quite the talker:) We taught him about prayer and he was willing to say the closing the prayer and we knelt together and I will never forget what I felt as he said that prayer. Oh my goodness he just got it, he felt the spirit and his prayer was completely guided by the spirit. It was beautiful and I know that Heavenly Father is going to watch out for him and help him to understand what He has planned for him. Of course I was just crying during his prayer but it was so special. I went home and expressed my gratitude to my Father in Heaven for that experience. I know LiLi and I were both edified and rejoiced in the spirit. Yesterday in church I felt the Atonement. In the Brownsburg ward it was their ward conference and the theme was making Christ the center of our home and lives. That morning I had been a little down about the YSA and racking my brain as to what to do to help it be successful, and during the sacrament I was reading Hebrews 11:1 and for someone reason it just hit me really hard and I felt that my faith in Christ needs to be strenghtned and that He can help me through this. Then I felt the spirit with me as thoughts came to my mind of my Savior knows exactly how I am feeling in this moment. It was surreal. I felt the Atonement and I know that it is real. I had a hard time in the YSA branch yesterday, I have come to love these people so much and this will always be home for me, and I have that feeling that I am going to be transferred but I know that the Lord is in charge but I have been here for so long that it's just going to be hard to leave. I do keep telling myself that I just get to go to a new area and still do missionary work full time, that this isn't the end. I still don't want to leave but the Lord will still be with me, the spirit will still guide me in all I do. Everything is changing, even the beautiful trees are becoming bare, it's kind of sad. We have had so much rain that it kind of put a damper on things. It's still beautiful here and it's good that the sun is out, I think that is helping our spirits. Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment