Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello my cute little family, Wasn't conference AMAZING!!! I had spent the week preparing questions that I have been pondering and I was very humbled to have them answered in the last two days. It was so wonderful as well because there were a few talks that I know some of our investigators really need right now. I was so grateful for each one and my love for Thomas S. Monson was strengthened so much. I love the person that he is and that gives me the continued desire to follow him. I hope you all enjoyed as well and I found myself just holding on to every word and felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me and that the Atonement is real. It is something that I have experienced many times especially being here on my mission, I know that my Savior knows what I'm feeling and that he suffered so we don't have to. This past week was a hard week, we had soooo many lessons fall through. We know that we did all we could though, and the members were of great support and still came out with us to our backup plans. I just have to keep reminding myself that people have their agency and we have another exciting week coming up and I know we are working very very hard. Sister Sneed and I have being doing really well and I have been grateful to share with her the last few days how much this work means to me and that she has so much to look forward too!!! The discouraging times come but we keep going because we are on the Lords errand and it doesn't get better than that:) We have been doing really well at asking for referrals this week, we didn't receive one from every single person but we were able to receive some and we were very excited about that. We received that promise again in our district meeting that if we ask for referrals from everyone that all areas in our zone could have a baptism. The other night Sister Sneed and I were pondering and praying for what our area baptismal goal should be for October. It was a special experience, we said a prayer together and then had a personal prayer. As I was praying personally, the thought kept coming to my mind of two and I was thinking the Spirit was crazy for a minute there, and then a thought came to my mind of Sister Sneed and I at a baptismal service. It was a sweet little thought. As we have been pondering about our area we feel as if one would be a good goal for us to strive and work very hard for. We have some lessons set up this week with some potentials that we have a really good feeling about and so we are going to work to prepare them and of course get some referrals from them:) It's been good to add some new names to our potentials and investigators pool, I know the work is continuing to go forth and that Sister Sneed and I can continue to work hard. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that we gave all we had this week. I'm hoping that as we work harder, that that will help Sister Sneed and that her heart will continue to rejoice in this work. I have really loved getting to know the members this week, we had members set up to go with to pretty much all of our lessons that we had this week and so it was really fun to laugh with them and get to know them. They are so amazing and have been a huge support to us. We had a funny thing happen as we were driving with a girl Rachel, there was road kill in the road and she tried to miss it but didn't and we heard the most disgusting noise and then of course all three just screamed in disgust. It was so funny and we couldn't stop laughing. We went to a lesson that was a ways away and we got stuck in back to back traffic and so were late to our appointment and the kid that we were going to see is absolutely hillarious, Ian, and in his prayer at the end of the lesson he suggested which route we take home. It was so sweet but funny and we just laughed the whole way home. Even though the week was kind of blah, we still had so many blessing and tender mercies from the Lord and we were able to see that through the members of the branch. The weather is absolutely beautiful and perfect. The trees are specatacular and I don't think the real Fall has come yet so I'm excited to take lots of pictures of that. On our way to district meeting there is a spot where we cross a lake and the trees lined up along the lake, oh my Sister Sneed and I we just gasp every time. There isn't anywhere to pull over but I'm going to try and get a picture. I'm happy it's getting cooler cuz that means the bugs and spiders are going to disappear, I have to kill one everytime I get in the shower and it's frightening becuase the spiders are huge here and there are other creepy crawly things that we do not have out West. Blah! Send everybody my love:))))) Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment