Monday, October 17, 2011

Hellooooo!!! It has been a good week, a very LONG week but good nonetheless. I'm doing well in my new little trio and we are busy, busy, busy, covering two areas but we have made it work and we got through the week. We have two weeks left together till the next transfer so it will be interesting to see what will happen. I am going to laugh so hard if I stay in Indy YSA, but I'm preparing myself to leave:( I went on exchanges up in Fishers and it was actually kind of nice to have a change of scenery. It has been so weird for me to teach families, since I'm covering Brownsburg right now as well and then when I went up to Fishers, I'm just not used to teaching families. We have been having a blast though and I'm grateful for Sister Taylor and Sister Valencia and the strength that we are able to have as we have worked through this hard time together. I have been writing down tender mercies each day and that has been helping me so much. I can say that I am back to myself and I'm so happy. It was a rough time but I got through it with the Lords help and I know trials continue to help us reach our potential. I was reading a talk from conference of last year, "More than conquerers through him that loved us" and that has been helping me to continue to keep an eternal perspective and is keeping me motivated and diligent in the work. Thank you so much for your letter of support and I just have to keep looking forward and I know that things happened for a reason and that the Lord is very aware of me and is taking care of Sister Sneed right now. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and I just love her so very much and I know she is going to do great things. We are working with two brothers right now and they have a baptismal date for December 10. Their mom just got baptized and so the elders in Indy 2nd have been working with us with the brothers, Robert and David. That is one thing that I love about serving in such a huge area is that I get to work with lots of other missionaries and they are so much fun. Robert and David are a hoot to teach and I'm really excited for them. We have some hurdles that we need to help them overcome but I know that they will be able to do it. A fun little tender mercy that I want to share happened Saturday when we went to a dinner appointment in Brownsburg, with this adorable family. They have a little 2 year old girl, Chloe, who is just a ball of sunshine and she has red hair that I couldn't stop staring at. After dinner the mom asked me to just wipe off the food from her hands and then I went to help her do the dishes. Her dad brought her into the kitchen and Chloe kept saying, "my friend cleaned me off, my friend cleaned me off." She was pointing to me and I just about melted. Then Chloe and her mom sang us a song while the dad played the guitar. It was the sweetest thing ever, they sang Raindrops keep falling on my head (I'm not sure the official title), but oh my we couldn't stop smiling! Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment