Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello Everybody, Oh my goodness, the rain has been nonstop, but I love it so much. It gives me an excuse to wear my rain boots:) One of my new favorite things is hearing the rain here in Indiana, especially on all the trees, oh I will never forget how beautiful that sound is. The leaves are starting to turn and it's just so beautiful here. We went to visit someone in the branch, and her house is tucked away in this forest pretty much and I kept commenting on her yard, and she said that her mom already has her wedding planned for outside. I don't blame her, it's absolutely gorgeous. We had a lot of success this week and found some great potentials and we felt inspiration of where we should tract one day, and we were able to find a lot that day. We were invited into a lot of homes and we have two new investigators that we are excited about to teach this week. Sister Sneed and I got a lot of interesting comments nonetheless from people we talked to, our favorite was a guy asked us if we were nursing a baby. Yeah it was super awkward and we didn't know how in the world we were supposed to respond to that but it was pretty funny. We were PCing the other day and as we talked with lots of people, it was amazing how a lot of them commented on a glow that we had, that there was a light radiating from us and that they felt peaceful as we talked with them. It was really cool to hear and helped Sister Sneed and I out a lot. We did get some sad news though, we would go visit a lady named Louise occasionally and she was in a rest home and we went to go visit her on Saturday and we found out that she passed away earlier this week. The relief society broadcast was amazing!!! The Indy West Stake had a service project earlier, dinner and then the broadcast and so much work went into that. The stake has been collecting things for a school and also a childrens hospital for a couple of months and everything came together on Saturday. I cannot believe how much stuff was donated, it was a very touching thing. Especially all the baby things that were donated for Wishard Hospital, there are so many babies that go home wrapped in newspapers and so all that was donated they don't have to have that anymore. The broadcast was wonderful and it really helped me to regain my focus and I cannot wait for general conference this weekend!!!!! We have a couple of investigators that are planning on coming and I know that will be a great experience for them and for us to hear from our living prophet and his apostles. EEEkkkk I love conference:)) We had an exciting thing happen yesterday at our leadership training, we had Elder Evans from the quorom of the 70 come and teach us. It was quite intense but there were things that we definitely needed to hear. It was a very inspiring meeting and I'm excited to be able to implement the things that were said into my work as a missionary. Afterwards a bunch of us went to Steak N' Shake, and we kind took over the restarant:))) I'm doing just swell and I was so excited because transfers were last week and we got two new elders in our district, Elder Tracy and Elder Santy, and Elder Tracy came out with me and he is one of my favorites so I'm excited that he is in my district. I'm going to go and see if I can find a rain coat today, because, well yeah I need one:) Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment