Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello my cute little family, I'm doing alright, it's been an up and down week and I have gotten a bit discouraged, but I have had a lot of support and that is helping. Our area is a bit slow right now and I of course tend to take that personal but I know that the Lord has something good in store for us, if we just keep working hard. We have been praying very diligently that we can receive refferrals and this week were able to receive three, it may not be that big of a number, but for us we were thrilled. The branch is continuing to support us a lot and we were able to take a lot of them out with us this past week. We had a lesson with a guy, Iran, that we were passing to the elders, because he is not in our stewardship, and so we had a joint lesson with him. We brought a girl from the branch that just moved in, Rachel, and Iran is from Ethopia and turns out Rachel spent five months in Ethopia!!! It was so fun to see them get to know each other and talk about Irans home. Sister Sneed and I sure got attached to Iran but we know that he will be in good hands. Oh my goodness we had an amazing sunday yesterday, the lessons and talks that were given I know were completely inspired. They were all focused on prayer and how we can receive answers and I'm so happy that Mike was there to listen and hopefully he let the Spirit into his heart. We had a lesson with him after church and he is weighing heavily on my heart. Something keeps bringing him back, something keeps telling him to keep listening to what we have to share, so I know he is feeling the spirit but he feels as if our gospel and the gospel he knows is different and we are just adding to his testimony, we helping to build a relationship with his Father in Heaven. He is such a good guy, that is an understatement, he is just incredible. We had an amazing opportunity on Saturday to do some service for the community up in Carmel. It was two stakes and we got together to clean up a park, that is absolutely beautiful, because it's in Carmel, but we were hauling out trees and honeysuckle and it was so much fun. There were a ton of missionaries and then I can't remember how many wards came, but we Mormon Helping Hands and so there were yellow shirts everywhere. It was a good thing for us to be there to help the community, especially where there has been some conflict with the building of the temple, we were able to show that we want to be a assest to the communities. It was good to get dirty, but man oh man we were so tired afterwards. We rode up with some girls in the branch, and we went and drove by where the temple is going to be! We were so excited:)))))) This weekend there was a huge car show and oh my goodness mom and dad you would have loved it. We were constantly passing the COOLEST cars all weekend. They had the car show at the racetrack and I think it was called 'GoodGuys' so we should all totally come back this time next year and go to it. I think they were racing some hot rods and things like that as well. I wanted to take pictures but I was driving so...yeah. It's getting a lot cooler and I love it. Transfers are this week, but Sister Sneed and I didn't get a call so we are staying. By the end of this next transfer I will have been in this area for 9 months! It's weird to think that I have only been in two areas since I have been out, but I know that the Lord is so involved in this work. I'm excited though because my district leader is staying as well, he is just a hoot. Oh I do have a favor to ask of you, could you get a copy of this past conference ensign and bind it for me? I think it would be cool to have the conference ensigns from my mission, so if you could do that, that would be awesome and could you send me a copy of October's ensign? It's going to be focused completely on the Book of Mormon and I would love to have my own copy. Lots of Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment