Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dear Family, Things have been going well especially in our branch. We have five branch missionaries and our mission leader is continuing to help us any way he can. The vibe in the branch is changing and I'm excited to be able to use it to our advantage and really help the members. Our mission leader bore his testimony on Sunday and he mentioned in his testimony that he would trust his friends to be taught by Sister Sneed and I and that if anyone has a friend that could benefit from our message that they would be in good hands. It just meant the world to us. I have never worked with branch missionaries so I'm excited to have a fresh start but I don't really know where to even start. Sister Sneed and I taught our gospel principles class and Sister Sneed did so well and I see that she is getting more comfortable in the branch. We had a good week and it was so fun because after institute we were able to give a church tour to some investigators that were there. It was awesome, especially when we got to the chapel and talked about the sacrament, the spirit was very strong and it was beautiful. One of the guys that was came, we had our first lesson with him on Monday and he is awesome!!! He has lots of questions and really has a desire to know the truth for himself. He is going to be coming to Why I Believe this sunday and I think that will help him to hear testimonies of those that haven't grown up in the church. We had a training meeting for all trainers and trainees yesterday and holy moly it was incredible. President taught about receiving revelation through prayer and how we can help those we teach receive that revelation as well. One of the many things that he said that impacted me was that when Adam was in the Garden he was able to walk and talk with God, which is an incredible concept to think about, and that He told Adam that he wouldn't be able to do this forever and taught him that prayer was a way that he could still communicate with Him. We also had trainings from our three assistants and they just helped us all so much give a perspective and find joy in missionary work. Elder Banner gave an amazing training on getting the most out of our personal study and we talked about the scripture James 1:5 and then dug a little deeper. We looked up James in the Topical Guide and he was Christs brother and it makes total sense that he would help lead the gospel to be restored. I don't know it was such an Ah-ha moment for all of us in the training. At the end of his training he mentioned that we are not going to be the face of the church forever, yeah at that point my stomach sunk and I just can't believe how fast this time is going. Next week I hit my 9 month mark, I'm halfway done...BAAAA! I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing:))) Sister Sneed and I are working hard and really trying hard to find new investigators. I love this work so much and I love the principle of prayer and how I can receive revelation on what the people of Indiana need. I have been relying so much on the spirit and I have been able to know how the spirit speaks to me and learning the language of the spirit has been helping me in all aspects of this work. She gave me a sweet compliment the other night and asked me how I have become so immersed in the work. That just meant the world to me and I was able to reflect back on how much I have grown and how much the Lord has really guided me. The other night I was talking to my district leader, Elder McAllister and he told me it was joy to be around me and that I am sincerely happy. I'm definitely not bubbly 24/7 but I have really found myself and I love who I am and it's because of this gospel. It's starting to get cold here and I'm having to break out my tights and scarves!!! There was a torando the other night and it was so sad to see some of the corn fields and huge trees just demolished. We had a dinner appointment and then a girl from the branch took us to our next appointment and we drove by where a lot of the damage was done. It must have just touched down for a moment but man oh man it hit hard. I love my Savior and what he has done for me and I know that this gospel is the source of all happiness. I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment