Monday, August 29, 2011

Dear Family, We had some really exciting things go on this week:)) We had our zone conference and Elder Robbins, from the seventy, was there and he is an amazing man. President Collins and him have been friends for a long time I guess and the two of them together in a room, it's just a powerhouse. He has amazing insight and I walked out feeling so motivated to do the things that he helped us with. He told us to do something in our personal study that will help our testimonies of music grow. He asked us to go to the front our hymnals and find all the blessings and promises that come with music. I did it yesterday and it's amazing how much music can really penetrate deep in our hearts. I have started to try and memorize my favorite hymn, 'Abide with me, Tis Eventide' and study the scriptures associated with that hymn during my breaks. The song means even more to me now. We also had a fun service opportunity, we got to volunteer with the special olympics!!! My whole zone came and we had a blast interacting with these families and their children. It was so fun, because we got to cheer them on in their softball games, and then Sister Sneed and I and two other sisters helped give out awards. That was the best, because they were so excited to get a medal and we would have little ceremonies to give them their medals. I was handing out medals to one of the teams and this girl just started crying because she was so happy and so I gave her a hug and she just continued to cry but it was a really sweet moment. We had a little tender mercy happen yesterday at church. Sister Sneed and I have been asking for referrals and helping the members do missionary work at our dinner appointments and yesterday a girl that we had dinner with a couple of days ago, brought a friend to church and we were so excited. Her friend is interested and really enjoyed church, and he wants to meet with us and it was a little miracle that I really needed. The branch is doing so awesome at helping us out and they want to do what they can for us and the vibe in the branch is so different, and I love it!!!! Sister Sneed and I have been spending a lot of time on campus lately and have had some success with that, but we want to get on campus more and more. We got some good ideas from Elder Ketch, because he and his companion came to have companionship study with us. (It's a new thing that President is doing with new trainers) We were able to practice some different ways to approach and what to say to people and so we are going to try it out:) The weather is beautiful right now and I can smell Fall in the air and I can't wait. Everybody I talk to just raves about Fall here in Indiana so I'm excited. Thank you so much for the birthday package, it made my heart smile!!! I love you all and you are in my prayers every day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment