Monday, August 1, 2011


Dear Family & Friends,

I have learned so much this week and I have really been able to be even more sensitive to the Spirit. My heart is so full right now. I was grateful that as a zone we were able to fast yesterday to receive revelation on how to achieve our zone baptism goal of ten. It is very high but as we met as a district and the zone leaders, I was able to recognize how the spirit speaks to me and that we are setting a goal that has been inspired of God. I felt like our companionship unity as well as our district unity has been strengthned because of this. I know there is a lot we need to change and step it up to achieve this goal, but I think that is what the Lord needs us to do. I love the principle of fasting and the power that comes from it as I fast with a specific purpose. As I have fasted this week, I also fasted for Alvin Smith and that we will do all that we need to prepare him for baptism on August 20. He is doing really well and is coming to church and I know he has felt the spirit and I hope we can continue to help him realize his potential and how he can continue to be a wonderful member of the church.

The sisters training was an answer to my prayers, it truly was. The things that were taught and the spirit that was felt is helping me to be a little better and just keep improving and rely on the Lord. It was so wonderful to be in the mission home with all of my sisters, oh it brings me so much joy to be around them and their testimonies are amazing. On Tuesday we received training all day by President and Sister Collins and the assistants to the President. We also got to have a little sisters council where we discussed lots of stuff on our mind to help be more effective. I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father to be a part of this work, but more importantly to be a part of this mission. I know that I wasn't supposed to serve anywhere else. Thank you for being the person that you are that I look up to so much as well as sister Collins, I love being surrounded by all these good influences because it makes me happy, simple as that:) We didn't get to sleep till....well...it was late, but it was so fun. Sister Collins almost came down and joined us but she didn't, but she kept coming down and telling us to have pillow fights. Oh she cracks me up. It was so cute on Monday night when we all got there we started the meeting, and four of the sisters sang a song, and it was hilarious because they were doing so well at first, and then Sister Elmer cracked up then Sister Williams, Sister Little was trying so hard to keep going and then Sister Sanders just laughed with them, then we all started laughing, oh it was a great way to start this day off:))) The poor assistants they looked like they were about to die being surrounded by girls all night and all day. They were good sports though:)

I had an amazing exchange with Sister Elmer, oh my heavens she is one amazing woman of God. I couldn't stop telling her that the whole day. Just all the things she said were so inspired and I learned so much from her. I was so happy that we finally had the opportunity to serve around one another because I have always looked up to her from day one. We had some great teaching appointments and I was glad that we got to teach together, she really taught how to apply the fundamentals to our teaching. I have been working so hard this past week to understand the fundamentals and get more out of them. I feel like I'm just at the surface and I want to learn more, I want to get the most out of them. Sister Elmer was able to help me do that and I just have to keep plugging along at them. She is amazing and I hope we can serve together sometime, because I just love her dearly.

Sister Lambson and I are doing well, our companionship unity is amazing and we are able to be open and honest with one another and as we have done that I have noticed that all aspects of our missionary work are affected. I'm so grateful for her, oh my goodness I'm crying right now, in the library, anyway, she is such a sweet person, I don't know how else to describe her. We are kind of preparing at this point that we will most likely be seperated and I know that whoever her next companion is will love her, not as much as I do, but she will be loved by her companion and by the people she will serve. I'm jealous of how everybody just loves her within seconds of meeting her. She is powerful and I know that is a gift from the spirit and will serve her well. I have been thinking about my setting apart blessing and one thing that my stake president said was that I will be eternal friends with my companions, I believe that with all my companions that I have had so far. I thank my Heavenly Father for that everyday.

Our district is having a BBQ today so I made some yummy chip dip so I'm excited for that, I love my district so much!!!! We are just a bunch of goofs but we drop anything to help one another! I love you all dearly and I'm thinking about you everyday!!!!!

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment