Monday, August 15, 2011

Dear Family & Friends,

Oh happy day it's finally starting to cool down!!!! It's been absolutely beautfiul here and I cannot wait for the fall to be here, I keep hearing wonderful things about it so I'm excited. It was sister collins birthday yesterday and so last night at why I believe we got excited together since our birthdays our next to each other. I told everyone that it is my 16th birthday and then when we walked out of the church to our car, some people left cute little notes all over say happy sweet 16, oh it was a little moment that made me smile. The branch members a couple of weeks ago threw me a little b-day party cuz they didn't know if I was leaving and they made me my favorite pie in the whole world, razzleberry! It was so stinkin sweet of all of them. I'm so happy I get to continue to be a part of this branch.

Well it's been an eventful week, that's an understatement! We had transfer meeting on Wednesday, and before that the trainers got together for a meeting with President Collins. Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!! There is a whole new training program that we are doing now and so we are the first set of trainers to implement it and my head wants to explode. Elder Ketch and I were just sitting in the meeting like where in the world do we start. Poor Elder Ketch though, he is training, got double transferred, and president called a third assistant to be more in the field and working with the other trainers, yep that would also be Elder Ketch, so he definitely has a full plate! He called me the other night to see how things were going and we just laughed because we are both just wondering how to not be so scatterbrained. My new companion is Sister Sneed and she is from Modesto California. She is such a sweetheart and very shy, so yeah we are working on confidence and I've just kind of thrown her into the work and she is doing a good job and there is still so much to learn but it's coming. I love her tons and I'm excited to see her continually come out of her shell. I just keep reminding myself that the Lord will make me equal to the task.

We have an exciting week this week, we have a baptism!!! Alvin is doing great and I'm so happy for him and for the changes that he has made in his life. It's been a tender mercy from the Lord to be able to see him from the first day we knocked on his door to now. I'm even more excited because one of my recent converts, Chris, is going to baptize him!!!!!! I know I'm going to be crying the entire time. He came to Why I Believe last night and he told that it has been a great day, when he said that it just made my heart smile. It's been amazing how the spirit has spoken to me so differently this week than it has before. I know that is a way that Heavenly Father is showing me that he is aware of me. In my personal study, I was studying for our investigator, Kellie, and I was reading in 2 Nephi 2:6-8 and I can't even describe the overwhelming feeling that I had. I felt my Heavenly Fathers love so strong and I want to be with Him again, and because of my Savior I can, there was so much love and gratitude for my Savior. It was a really special moment for me.

President shared an amazing story with us at transfers, about an Elder that went home this past transfer. His dad had been less active and recently got a temple reccommend and last friday his whole family got to go to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. It was awesome, I think everybody was in tears, because this elder was such a faithful servant his whole mission and Heavenly Father was rewarding him for that service. My excitement for missionary work just keeps increasing and oh I just love this work so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we are off to go and hang out with some of the elders at the church, I have learned my lesson though and that is not to play football with them out in the parking lot, my body doesn't need any more bruises. Yeah last week I was just a hot mess, I don't know why they wanted me to play, I had no idea what I was doing, clearly. My district leader challenged me last night to a ping pong tournament and so we are trying to make it as hardcore, well he is mostly because he broke his ankle and can't do much, so he is trying to make ping pong as manly as possible. It should be entertaining:)

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment