Monday, August 22, 2011




Dear Family & Friends,

Interviews definitely were an answer to my prayers and I'm just trying to take everything a day at a time. I love being able to talk with Sister Collins and with President. I felt so much more confident in my work and in myself afterwards. Sister Sneed is doing well and I am so proud of the desire that she has to be a good missionary and fulfill her purpose. We have had some great experiences, especially the last few days in our finding. We have been thinking of new ways to talk to people and share the message of the Restoration. Sister Sneed and I have been having fun together too, our companionship is continuing to be more unified and I just love her. We have some great potentials that are starting school this week and we are excited to get on campus a lot this week. We have been able to work well with our branch mission leader who really wants to help us as in any way that he can. The encouragement and support from him has really helped us.

Oh my goodness, Alvin's baptism was wonderful. I was a little sad that not a lot of people from the branch came, but the spirit was there and he was so happy. As soon as he came back up out of the water, he said "I feel good." It was also so awesome to see one of my recent converts baptize him:) Chris was a bit nervous, since it was his first time, but he told us afterwards that it felt good to be able to do that. Alvin is continuing to open up especially to the members, and we are encouraging the members to reach out to him as well. I am so proud of him and the path that lays ahead of him is going to be great if he continues to keep these promises that he has made to his Heavenly Father, he can only go up from here.

Sister Sneed and I are working really hard to help those that we are teaching to progress and to build our teaching pool. At our last district meeting, Elder McAllister trained on finding joy in our missionary work. It was so good for Sister Sneed and I because we went out tracting afterwards and applied those things that he taught us and we were enthusiastic and talked to EVERYONE we came in contact with and for the most part MOST people were friendly and welcoming. We were able to see the blessings from that because we were able to get a lot of potentials and be invited into a few apartments and testify with the spirit.

It was so fun to celebrate my birthday out here!!!!! We went to the church like we normally do for p-day to play games and stuff with the elders in our zone, and it was so sweet because they bought me two cakes. One of them said 'Happy Birthday Sister Lamb' and the other one said 'Don't be Sheepish' That one really made me laugh:))) That night the YSA suprised me at FHE with my favorite kind of pie and other delicious sweets. I also got a card and some letters all bunched together that a lot of people from the mission and the branch had signed, it was so sweet. President and Sister Collins called me that night and it was good to talk with them, Sister Collins, is a hoot, everytime she sees me or talks to me she always asks how is my little lamby. Sister Sneed was really sweet too and bought me two boxes of Mike and Ikes:)

Loves, Hugs, & Kisses,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment