Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear Family,

Oh how Indiana brings joy to my little heart. The people here are just....oh they are gems!!!! We have had some great tracting experiences and even when we have been contacting people on the canal we have been getting into some great discussions and I feel as if we are fulfilling our purpose if they aren't going to really act on what we have taught them. I have to say that I have never sweated like this before, oh my gosh it has been a killer week, I go through 50000 gallons of water a day and I think I'm just sweating it all out, okay that was a gross visual but you ge the idea. I'm just like we look disgusting who is going to want to talk to us right now:))) It's got a perk though because people invite us into their houses to give a cold drink, so hey it works!!

We had a member come with us to a lesson this past week and it was incredible. She is a member of the Indy 3rd ward and she is a returned missionary and oh she is just a ball of sunshine. She is absolutely hillarious and we had the best time together and she just has a solid testimony that she shared with the people that we were teaching and I loved it. She was definitely an answer to my prayers because it was great to hear her share her experience of her mission and the love that she continues to have for it. She shared an experience with the people that we were teaching and said that she had met a Native American and they were talking about the Book of Mormon and he said that it was familiar to him and that he had grown up hearing those stories. It was amazing to hear that and to know that the people in the Book of Mormon were real and the Native Americans truly are their descendants. I'm so excited because I'm going on exchanges tonight with Sister Elmer and it's going to fun!!! She is coming to my area and I love exchanges because miracles happen and so much is learned. I'm going to miss Sister Lambson though but we will be reunited at the sisters training, or as the elders call it our slumber party! Oh those elders!!!

The branch members have been continuing to be so incredible to us and also those investigators that we have been working with. We had three investigators at church yesterday and they were fellowshipped and it was just amazing to see that outreach. Alvin Smith has been doing really well this week and I know that his heart is in it now. We had set a baptismal date with him for July 30 and we were moving forward with that but we had a lesson with him on Saturday and that was the best lesson we have had. We have decided to move that date into August and he feels that is what he needs to do and we feel the same. We have prepared him for that and we are doing all that we need to and I know that he will be ready to be baptized in August. There was something different in his countenance on Saturday and when he came to church yesterday. The spirit is testifying to him and it's a joy to see. Kellie came to church yesterday and I was so happy to see her. We were worried that she was slipping through our fingers but she is still holding on and we have a lesson with her this week. Also we had Gwen Weaver come to church and she is an interesting girl that is for sure. I was very proud of her for asking questions during the lessons at church and she still has A LOT more questions and she kind of throws them all at us at once but she is going to be fun to teach.

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment