Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hello!!!

So first things first, I thought that both my zone leaders were getting transferred but yeah it was just one of them. Thank heavens!! My new district leader is Elder McAllister and my zone leaders are Elder Ketch ( who was my zone leader last transfer) and Elder Nash. They are so fun and we had a great time yesterday for P-day, Elder Ketch and I got a little too intense for playing ping pong.

We have a super busy week this week and I'm so excited for it. We have some lessons with some new investigators that I'm stoked about. Kellie, who is just a sweetheart, she has been coming to church and really progressing well, we committed her to baptism and she told us that she knows this is where she needs to be. It's been fun teaching her and she is going to be speaking at Why I Believe this sunday as well as one of our recent converts, Luke. We have some other lessons with some students that go to IUPUI and so the work is progressing and I love it. I was so happy because I have been wanting to teach Lehi's Dream to one of our less actives and we finally were able to meet with her, and I taught and she had some dang good insight to it. I don't know why but I just knew she needed to hear and apply this story to her life and I was thankful that we had the opportunity too.

Sister Lambson and I are still just having a blast in a half. We have been working on doing a lot of service for the members in the branch and we had a fun opportunity during our dinner break to go and decorate one of our recent converts door to his house. He was taking his big exam to get into dental school and he has been stressed about it, well since I first met him, and so we wanted to wish him luck with notes of encouragement, so that was fun to do. He said he did alright on his test so we will find out soon which school he will get accepted too. I just adore these members and they are great to take to lessons. We had break the fast this past sunday and we were able to talk to a lot of the members and have them come with us to some lessons this week. I had a great fast on sunday and I am starting a fasting journal to record impressions and things like that througout the day. I got the idea from an Ensign talk so I'm not that innovative:)

I have to say I saw fireflies the other night when we came home and Sister Lambson and I were sooooooo excited! So we ran around in the backyard and caught some. Yep we were those girls. They are so cool though!!! We are surviving the heat and the humidity, it's been brutal walking around in it all day and everyone keeps telling us it's only going to get worse, I'm like really why would you say that:) We are having a lot of fun together and it's just so good to be able to ourselves and be silly but we are able to invite the spirit in our companionship as well as our lessons and I love it and I love her!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment