Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sister Lambson and I are staying together in Indy YSA for another transfer. This morning we were so nervous and just terrified everytime the phone made the slightest noise, but all is well and we didn't get a phone call. We are sad though because my district leader and his companion are being double transferred out of White River and so are my zone leaders! Another elder in my district is leaving and his companion is staying but training. We are getting 18 new missionaries this week so I guess it had to happen somehow. Oh transfers, they are always never what any of us expect.

I'm so excited that Sister Lambson and I have the opportunity to stay together for another transfer! We have a lot of goals that we have been working on this week and so I am happy that we get to continue to work on them together. I am so grateful to her and the lessons that I am learning. This transfer has been a turning point for me and I really have felt the Lord mold me, it's uncomfortable sometimes, but I know it is for the best. Sister Lambson is doing well and working really hard to do her best. Her efforts are definitely showing. I am just hoping that I am helping in some small way, I just want to support her in all things and I hope she believes that.

Sister Lambson and I have done really well at being guided by the spirit in our lessons, especially this week. We had a few lessons where we had a plan but it went the complete opposite direction and so I am so happy that we were able to bring the spirit to our lesson so that we could rely on it to best help those that we were teaching. We had an experience the other day on campus with a student, Steve, who is a catholic missionary, but was open to meeting with us. It went so well and I felt like we were able to teach the doctrine clearly and with testimony. I know that those experiences that we have had earlier in the transfer where people have just wanted to "bash" helped us prepare for this lesson with Steve. He didn't want to meet with us again but his countenance did change throughout the lesson and that brought me joy.

We have a few new investigators that I'm so excited about. We received a refferal from church headquarters, well it went to the White River Elders first then came to us, but her name is Lynn and she is just a little ball of sunshine. She is from Vietnam and has such a sweet disposition about her. We had a great lesson with her and taught her about the spirit and prayer. She is very intelligent and I know she will understand and be receptive to the spirit. We also have been teaching a guy that we met tracting, Alvin, and it's a bit harder to get things out of him because he is reserved but he came to church yesterday and the branch members were awesome and really took him under their wing! We had another girl come to sacrament, Kellie, and she just fits right in and the branch stepped it up with her as well. We had branch council and Sister Lambson and I were open with them about how we need their help and we need them to really fellowship these new people that come, not only investigators but any new faces that we see. Elder Williams gave us some great advice and to do more service for them and the leadership. We want to work on having more member present lessons and Elder Williams gave us some tips that we are going to incorporate this week.

My zone leaders had a baptism this past Saturday and Elder Ketch asked me to play the piano for him to sing. He has the most amazing voice, oh it's so beautiful, I was very honored that he asked me to play for him. I'm going to miss Elder Ketch and Elder Van Zant, they are such a hoot! Especially when we play dodgeball. Last Monday, my zone and another zone got together and played dodgeball and oh my gosh, it was so intense, I was a bit scared of some of the elders. I was such a clutz the entire time though, it was pretty funny. I saw Sister Little, and I was so excited to see her that I ran up the stairs to the stage and totally biffed it, then I was playing dodgeball and someone hit me with a ball and I tripped on my pants and did a cute little spin and biffed it, and then I got slammed in the face with a dodgeball and I gracefully made my exit at that point. I had the worst headache all day. I also got to go on exchanges this week and Sister Taylor came to my area and we had fun, she is a great missionary and it was good to spend some time with her.

We are just as happy as can be and we are excited for this upcoming transfer!!!!! I love you all a bushel and a peck and I miss you!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment