Monday, June 13, 2011

Okay so this heat has got to go!!!! I feel so disgusting when I come in every night:) Oh well, it is still so lucious and green and just beautiful here!! Our district is going to the zoo today and we are so excited. It was so funny in our district meeting last week, Elder Williams was talking about us bonding and he told us there is nothing like bonding over baby dolphins:) I guess there are some baby dolphins now at the zoo and we are so excited to see them. There are also these butterfly gardens where you go into an atrium and butterflies are everywhere and they will land on you, oh it sounds like a scene out of snow white or something. Oh and sister leonard is back from california!!!! We were so excited to see her, oh how I missed her.

It's been a good week but long that's for sure! On Monday night I received some shocking news that has been hard for me to take but I'm doing better. I found out that on of my recent converts doesn't think the church is for her. It's been rough, but the zone leaders gave me a blessing and I still feel like I'm carrying the burden and the responsiblity but I know I'm not carrying it alone. I know they will come back, their testimony was just too solid to quit now. I just love these people so much and I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and they know that too. We had interviews this week with President Collins and he is just amazing and the spirit was just so present as we talked and the counsel he gave me, I will never forget.

Sister Lambson and I are just doing oh so swell. Oh we have good times together and we have been so united in our purpose and I oh I just love her!!!! We taught sunday school yesterday and it was hilarious, we had them pictionary and people had to guess what the signs were from the second coming. This branch is awesome, the artistic skills could improve:)...but their spirits are incredible. Sister Lambson and I had a awesome experience of teaching a girl in our ward who is struggling and needs a strong testimony right now. After her lesson, Sister Lambson and I were walking to campus and we both started sharing our what we were feeling as we taught her, and we both received that revelation from the spirit that she is the reason why we are here. We just started laughing and then crying and then laughing because it was so great to know that the spirit is speaking to us and we are heeding those words and feelings.

On Saturday our zone got to be volunteers at an event called PBS Kids in the Park. It was huge, but so much fun. They had the characters from PBS shows, including Elmo and the Cookie Monster. They had a parade through the park and then the rest of the day they had booths where you could meet the characters, and other fun things for the kids to do. It was a LONG day, but it was totally worth it when one of the staff needed someone to be a mascot cuz there was a no show, and so Sister Lambson ended up being Word Girl, we have no idea who she is but she is quite popular and I about died when she put on that costume!!!! Oh we just kept getting the giggles. And then one of the elders ended up being Curious George and our Elder Williams was asked to be Arthur and he is six foot something, and all the kids kept telling him that Arthur was shorter than that and so they were a bit disappointed:) It was a good day, but so flippin hot!!!

Well got to go to the zoo now:)))

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment