Monday, June 6, 2011

Dear Familia,

Sounds like quite the eventful week, my goodness!!!! Glad everyone is safe and sound. Things are going well here, it's so flipping hot, oh my it's been rough but then it's Indiana so of course we get a storm that trumps all storms, so that's been fun to dodge. We thought that since the Indy 500 was over we would be all clear now, but we were wrong!!!! On our way to church yesterday we had to go practically all around Indiana, (okay not quite that extreme) but still, it took forever because apparently there was a big motorcycle thing going on. I can't believe how many motorcycles we saw...and heard. I have never seen that many motorcycles before!

We have had some great spiritual experiences that I will always remember. We got together with our district to set our district baptismal goal and it was such an amazing thing that we were able to do. We went around and talked about our areas and then we set a goal. We then took that to the Lord, and Elder Williams offered the prayer to see if that is what the Lord knows we can accomplish for the month of June. After he was finished we continued to kneel in pure reverence and the spirit was so strong. We then talked about it and came up with a new goal. It was truly inspired and our district really came together. We also had our district meeting this past week and Elder Williams trained on teaching the Book of Mormon. He then had us each share our testimonies and conversion of when we came to know when the Book of Mormon was true. It was so incredible, I love our district so much and Elder Williams is so inspired and in tune with the spirit. It was just wonderful.

I have been worried about some of our recent converts and so I have been just taking those concerns to the Lord because I am at a loss as to what to do to help them. Satan is attacking them and it just makes me mad!!! The branch members have been so awesome especially this past week, they have come to a lot of our lessons and are just a huge help. I love them so much!!!! We went to dinner with our relief society president the other night and we brought our ward directory and went over all the names, it was great and we were able to get a lot of useful information that we can do and so can the ward. I had an experience in sacrament meeting yesterday where the spirit just reassured me of my calling, and that the Lord needs me in Indiana for a specific person and purpose. I felt at such peace and it was an answer to my prayers.

Sister Lambson and I are doing great and just having a blast. President was definitely inspired when he put us together. I love her so much and it's just a hoot every day. She is doing really great and her teaching skills are improving as well. I'm so proud of her:) This transfer is going by way too fast and so we are trying to enjoy every day!!!

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment