Monday, June 20, 2011

My dear family & friends,


The only way I can really start out this letter is that I love the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior and this week I have felt closer to Him than I have in a long time. I have always had a testimony of Him and that He does live but this week it has meant much more than just that. I have been struggling with wondering why our area is slow at this time, I feel like Sister Lambson and I are doing all we can and have been praying for a miracle every day, but it's just been so frustrating. It's taken a toll on me and I have been taking it very hard, because we are finding, finding, finding, we get potentials but it doesn't get anywhere. It's been so hard to accept. It has been very stressful this transfer but this past week was the breaking point. Then we had a district meeting on Friday and I know Elder Williams was so inspired and helped remind me of my purpose. It was probably one of the best district meetings I have been to. The spirit was so present and I felt the Atonement working. Elder Williams asked me to bear my testimony and I was a blubbering mess but all I could do was bear testimony of the Atonement. A mission is 100 times harder than I ever thought it would be and I have felt the Lord molding me, I just have to let Him. The elders in our district our wonderful and I was so thankful that the zone leaders were there too, they brought me so much comfort and I felt their love. I know that by turning to the Lord that I can be comforted faster and that I still need to do my part and dedicate myself to Him, but I know I can't do this alone. I can't stop thanking my Heavenly Father for that experience on Friday. I know because we kept going and kept enduring that a miracle would happen and it did. We received a call from the Indy 2nd elders and they found a guy that was interested and we had a lesson with him last night. He brought five of his friends and it was one of the best lessons I have had since I have been out. I just can't stop smiling, it was wonderful and I know the Lord was completely aware. We almost weren't able to go because we couldn't find a ride up to Fishers and we needed a girl to be with us since all the investigators were male. We were exhausting all of our resources and nothing was happening, and then we got a call from a member of the branch and she was able to take us. I know she will be blessed for that. I know that Satan was doing all that he could to stop us from going to that lesson. The spirit was there and it testified to everyone that was there. It felt a little like we teaching a Sunday School class because there were so many people but it was incredible. We immeaditely called Elder Williams to tell him and bless his heart he was so excited for us. He told us something though and that was to thank, thank, thank the Lord.

I am really focused on strengthing our less-actives and recent converts. The zone leaders, Elder Ketch and Elder Van Zant, observed our weekly planning session last week and gave us some great feedback. We are going to work with the branch leadership to help us retain our recent converts and encourage visting and home teaching. We have had a lot of members so willing to come with us to lessons and that has been a blessing. It's hard when our appoinments flake out, but they are patient. The zone leaders suggested that when that happens that we can help the members do their visiting and home teaching and also calling our backups to see if we can stop by. The elders have been amazing to work with and have helped us so much. I feel like they just get it and understand what we are going through and that has been a blessing. I was so excited the other day to see Renee, one of my recent converts, she came up to Indy and so we got meet with her and she is solid! Her testimony is so inspiring to me and I just cried as she was talking about her experiences. She is doing so well and she called yesterday to tell us that she just got a calling in her home ward, and she is preparing to get a temple recommend. I am so proud of her and I know that this experience of her being on her own two feet will continue to strengthen her. We are still working with our most progressing investigator, Michelle, and she is doing really well, we are stuggling to get her to come to church and to make that a priority but she is still reading continually from the Book of Mormon so I know it will come in time. We watched the Restoration in Mandrin Chinese the other day, yeah that was FUN!!!! Elder Ketch told us that during our mission we will watch the Restoration a gazillion times, and I can already say that I have, but that each time the investigators will react differently and to watch them, because the movie will always be the same but the investigator will be different every time.

We met with a less active that isn't YSA but she was taught by sisters and so she likes to meet with us every once in awhile. We went over to help her move to a new place and had a really great talk about Fathers. She hasn't had the best relationship with her dad, but when she was very sick her dad was there every step of the way and she was able to feel how her Heavenly Father feels about her through her dad. I loved that so much and I know that I have been able to feel that love through you dad!!!! I love you so much and I miss you and I think about the blessing you gave me before I left, and it brings me so much comfort. Thank you for holding the priesthood and it brings me so much joy to hear all about your adventures at home with mom. I also love that you are teaching the gospel and making that a priority, because it is so important. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Fathers Day, a bit late:)))

It is pure madness outside right now, the rain is seriously crazy!!!!! It was so hot and humid and now we look like drowned rats. The thunder last night was intense and I'm so grateful that we live in a basement. Sister Lambson and I are just having a blast and I love her so much. I hope we stay together, transfers are coming up next week so I'm hoping we stay, I just love this area so much.

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment