Monday, July 11, 2011

Dearest Family,

Why I Believe was wonderful as usual and I was so happy that those that were there got to hear Luke Rhoads. He was so nervous and we helped him write down what he wanted to say the night before and then when he started speaking yesterday he was completely guided by the spirit because we didn't talk about a lot of that stuff so it was so amazing to hear that. I know that really helped him and he was so excited to speak all week. I just love him very much. I was so happy because I got to see Sister Little, I just love her and we are still hoping we get to serve together soon. Kellie was supposed to speak but of course Satan is working very hard on her right now. She told us on Saturday that she wasn't coming to church or Why I Believe, because her decision is causing a lot of contention in her family. She was doing really well and I love teaching her because her desire to learn more is so inspiring. We showed her the Restoration DVD and she was very moved by it and intrigued and was so willing to pray to know if Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. I feel like she is still progressing, I mean she is still keeping her commitments of reading and her prayers are improving, we can tell that her relationship with her Heavenly Father is improving and when she prays in our lessons she always mentions that she knows this is where she needs to be, oh it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about her. I'm not going to let Satan get her. We are going to set a baptismal date with her when we meet with her next and I am just praying for the Spirit to guide us in that and what date she can be ready for.

We had an investigator come to Why I Believe last night, Alvin, and he is starting to come out of his shell. He is so quite and it's hard to get a lot out of him when we ask him questions. We ask very open ended questions but he seems to still find a way to answer yes or no. We had a lesson with him on Friday and it went so well and he opened up to us just a little bit more. That morning we had our district meeting and Elder McAllister did an amazing job at training on the How to Begin Teaching points and making sure that we are using the last point of commiting them to be baptized. As we met with Alvin later that day, all those things that we had learned earlier came to me and I felt the spirit just helping me to not hold back and testify of our purpose. We committed him to be baptized on July 30 and he wants to think about it but he told us that it is something he wants to do. We also had a great lesson with the Eagle Creek elders with a girl that they tracted into in their area, Sarah. She is so awesome and as we were meeting with her, names of members of the branch came that would be great fellowshippers. The lesson went really well and she is understanding what it means that she is a child of God, I love seeing people when they understand that. It makes me so happy. She seems excited to come to the YSA branch and especially this coming Sunday, I hope she can come, because it is a regional YSA activity this weekend and on Sunday they are having a testimony meeting and then the institute directors are teaching, it's going to be great.

I'm a little stressed with an investigator that we are working with, Lynn. She is just the cutest little thing and her desire to really understand is refreshing to see. She is still struggling to recognize answers to her prayers. She is doing the things that we ask her to do, coming to church is a issue, but her other committments she is regularly keeping. I think she is expecting some big and amazing thing to happen to tell her that it is true, but when we meet with her the things she is telling us is proof that she is receiving answers but she doesn't understand. We talked to her about faith and had a great lesson on that and we were able to lead that into baptism and the importance of that. She is definitely not sure about baptism but is willing to ponder it and the other things we teach her. She is a gem and she is progressing and has a testimony, we just have to get her to see that.

Oh the weather is just continuing to get better and better...NOT! Gaaaah, today the humidity is ridiculous and yeah good thing it's our preparation day and we will be inside for most of the day. We are going to play Corn Hole today with the elders, which apparently is huge out here in Indiana. Should be good times, because we are just a bunch of goofs!!! Sister Lambson and I just doing fantastic and we are busyyyyyyy this week, well that's not really new, but yeah it's a full week already, I know that is happening because of our planning is getting way better and we are seeing the fruits of effective planning. President told me that the planning techniques that I'm gaining will benefit me for life, I'm starting to understand that more. The members are great though because they are taking us to a lot of our appointments this week and that's been great to build that trust with the branch.

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment