Monday, July 18, 2011

Hello my beautiful family and friends,

It's been a pretty exciting week with Sister Lambson and I, we are staying quite busy and I know that is because our planning is getting better. We have focusing a lot on the companionship and personal goals that we have set and we have been able to be a strength to one another. Sister Lambson has been a great support to me and I appreciate that each and every day. We have been really working hard to receive referrals, we have been asking everyone that we come in contact with. We haven't received very many, but we know that we are putting forth our best effort and we can be accountable to the Lord for that. Sister Lambson and I were personal contacting on the canal the other day and talked to this girl and invited her to come to church, and on Sunday she came with nine muslim girls. It was so great to see them all walk in, we had a short lesson with them afterwards and are going to meet with them this week before they go back to Turkey. Sister Lambson and I couldn't stop smiling, they were so adorable and had great questions about the Godhead and I felt that we were able to answer them with the Spirit.

We were able to set a baptismal date for Alvin Smith for July 30. I know that it is soon and Sister Lambson and I have felt inspired that he can be ready by that date. I'm still a bit nervous that he may not make it, and I know that we can prepare him for baptism and he will be ready, even if it's not on July 30. We had a lesson with him on Sunday and I feel better about him keeping those committments that we give him. We emphasized that if he is keeping his committments now, he will be able to keep the covenants he will make with the Lord. I still feel like he is holding something back, but we were pretty bold with him on Sunday and I feel as if he is being honest with us. We are very excited to prepare him for this and he truly is a great person, he is a very chill and low key kind of guy so it's hard to tell if he is super excited about it, but I think it's his personality and through his actions we can tell. At our district meeting on Friday, Elder McAllister asked me to help him train on asking inspired questions and that really helped me to prepare for that during the week, because I know that will help us especially with Alvin. I was a bit nervous when Elder McAllister asked me to do part of the training at our district meeting, yeah I don't know what he was thinking, but it went well:) It was our zone leader, Elder Ketch, it was his birthday on Friday and during our break earlier last week, Sister Lambson and I made up a birthday song for him to the tune of 'Pioneer Children Sang as They Walked.' Oh my goodness it was hilarious when we sang to him on Friday. We were very proud of ourselves:)

I can't believe Hayli Dickey is home now and that Shanae Wilkinson gets back so soon!!!!! I hit my 7 month mark last week...ugh!!! As much as the heat and humidity is killing me, I love it here. Sister Lambson and I are having so much fun and we are so excited for next week, because Sister Collins has put together a sisters training, so all the sisters in the mission are going to mission home monday night and sleeping over and then the next day we are going to have oodles of fun and have trainings from President and Sister Collins! We all got a little giggly in district meeting when they announced that, I think the elders are jealous:) One thing that I have learned out here is how big of a clutz I am, on Friday at district meeting, Sister Lambson and I got up to talk about our stewardships and she started walking and then my shoe got caught in her bag and then I thought I had balance and then it was just downhill from there (literally) and I skidded across the floor on my knees and almost hit my head on the table but I caught myself, but the damage was already done:) Then Sister Lambson was helping me up and I hit her in the head, yeah we were just missing the third stooge! No one stopped laughing for like 15 minutes, including me! :))))) It was pretty funny!

It has been a good week for me personally and spiritually. I was able to finish the Book of Mormon for the second time since I have been out, and I took that promise from Moroni and it wasn't an immediate answer but the Lord has given me those feelings throughout this week of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for that because I have been able to share that with one of our investigators, Lynn, who is struggling to recognize answers to her prayers. I have been wondering a lot lately what I would be like if I was being taught the gospel for the first time, and I feel as if I'm able to relate a lot to Lynn and worrying if I haven't received an answer. (That didn't really make sense) but being able to share my testimony with her has helped strengthen mine. The Lord knew that I really needed that and that is how I know that He does live and loves me. As I started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning again, a scripture hit me hard, 1 Nephi 3: 21, I feel as if I can be like that a lot of times, I see what the Lord needs me to do and I don't know how in the world I'm supposed to do it. Then another scripture came to me in 2 Kings 6:14-17 and I just need to open my eyes and see that the Lord has made it possible. When I read that, it made my little heart pitter patter.

Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment