Monday, September 12, 2011

Dear Family & Friends, Fall is getting closer and I can hardly wait!!!!!! I can't believe how much it has cooled down and it's so refreshing:)) I got to go on exchanges this week and Sister Valencia came to my area and that was so much fun. We were able to teach quite a bit together and she is wonderful teacher and has an awesome testimony. We got to teach a guy that was half drunk so that was interesting but I know we were there to let him know that he was a son of God. He didn't believe it but he has a little seed of faith that hopefully he won't forget who he is and that he does have potential. We also got to teach Mike, this was our second lesson with him and we taught the Book of Mormon the whole time. We are worried that he isn't giving it a chance and going to all these outside sources and so we pretty much told him straight that if he wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true, here is 531 pages to find out. He is amazing and I'm so grateful that we have this opportunity with him. He is wondeful and has admirable faith in God, now he just needs to act on that faith. I was so happy that I got to see Sherrie, a member of the branch, before she left for Utah. She took us to lunch on Friday and we just cried and cried because we have gotten really close and she is a dear friend so it was sad to see her go but I know she is going to love Utah:) Sister Sneed and I had a cool experience of a girl that we tracted into and she invited us to come back. We went back and she told us that she is atheist but we taught her about having faith and hope for her future and for her daughter and she responded well to that. We also told her that she can have more hope through prayer and we taught her how to pray and she prayed at the end of our lesson. We were so excited when we walked out that lesson! Last night was so much, because we had Why I Believe and Mike was able to come and that helped him a lot to hear other people testimonies who have recently joined the church and Luke, one of my recent converts,came as well and he had exciting news for me:) He is receiving the priesthood next week, he has been studying the sacrament prayers and he is excited and wants to learn more and understand it. AAAAHHH it fills me with joy to see how far he has come. He is a miracle. Things are just dandy right now and I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father that I am here, even though I can't believe this transfer is almost over, goodness gracious! It's been a incredible learning experience that's for sure! I love you all and I'm so thankful for all of your support as I have been out here, it's something I reflect a lot to help me get through the hard times, so thank you. Love, Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment