Monday, December 19, 2011

Hello dear family,
Nothing too crazy has been happening around here in Bloomington.  We did get two new elders in our district, Elder Quirk and Elder Edwards.  We had a testimony meeting with our district and we have some amazing elders that have rock solid testimonies.  It was great to be able to hear their experiences of deciding to come on a mission and we were all able to relate in a way.  It's going to be a great transfer!  We got a new ward mission leader and Sister Freer and I are way excited because it is the guy who brought us a new washer at the beginning of last transfer.  We went over to visit with him and his wife and they are amazing!! 

We had our ward Christmas Party and we had four investigators come and they really loved it, especially Bill and Aggie.  We had a neat experience with them last night.  Sister Freer and I felt we should go see them and so we did and their daughter was there as well.  We got to know her and she was in a car accident and now has some pretty intense spinal injuries.  It is really hard for Aggie to see her daughter struggle.  After their daughter left, they told us about how they had a grand daughter who passed away and also a good friend recently pass away.  I opened up to Alma 40:12 and shared with her that all will made right and that all these things that we face in life will be made right and that those that we love are in a state of peace and rest.  As Sister Freer and I were able to testify of these things, I felt so strongly of the reality of this plan and that it is of God.  We had never seen Aggie react the way she did and she and Bill felt the Spirit and told us that we were supposed to come over and that they needed us.  It was really special. 
We are so excited because we have a Christmas Conference this week with the mission and I know that it will be very special.  President Collins has told me time and time again how special this time will be to spend Christmas in the mission field.  I'm seeing the wonderful things already and really cherishing this time.  I love being on a mission because of the many instances where following the spirit can make all the difference.  I had a very special experience of doing what I needed to be doing so that I could be an instrument in the Lords hands for Sister Freer.  I am grateful to her and I'm grateful that I was able to tell her things that she needed to hear in the moment.  I couldn't tell you all I said but I do know that it was not me speaking.  Sister Freer and I are having a lot of fun and we are excited for Christmas, we have made some pretty snazzy decortaions in our apartment and we are making our Christmas cards today:)  I love this time of year, I do miss you all very much, but I know that all is well there and that you are all happy.  It is very true what they say about absence makes the heart grow fonder.  I love you all more than you know and I'm so excited to talk with you in a week:))))  
Sorry that this is kind of short, but things are going well and we are just going forward! 
Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment