Monday, February 14, 2011

Hello there!!!!

Finally this week we were able to get to work and visit people:) The weather did get a bit hard to deal with for a couple of days because it got down to 0 and I experienced wind chill, which is horrible. We were knocking doors and we would go out for a 15 minutes and get back in the car, and then get out again. My nose hairs were frozen. I got sick with the stomach flu for a couple of days so that wasn't very fun but Sister Leonard made me some soup and I'm feeling much better and finally have my appetite back again.

We had a zone conference on Thursday and it was so fun. All the new missionaries in my zone bore their testimonies and then we got some great training from our zone leaders, the assistants to the president, and from President and Sister Collins. I can't believe how much I am learning just in these past 2 months! We did exchanges this week too and Sister Esplin came up to White River to be my companion and she is a hoot! We had some great lessons together on Friday so we were able to teach well together and learn a lot from one another. We met with a new investigator that goes to school here in Indianapolis at IUPUI, and he came to church on Sunday, even though he was hesitant, he really enjoyed and is going to start coming to insititute on Wednesdays. We went to lunch at this lady's house who also made it a valentine's party and it was very interesting:)))) I'm not sure what I ate... But she did make us a heart shaped cake and pizza:)

We met with Jerry again and he is still working on quiting smoking and he is definitely starting to do better at understanding that he needs to put his faith into action. We have been continuing to emphasize prayer at every visit and he finally said the closing prayer, he hasn't said a prayer in front of the missionaries since he started meeting with them awhile ago. So it was a huge step and he came to church on Sunday too! We had the most incredible experience with Roger Dietrich, who is also trying to quit smoking and he just has a solid testimony. I just cried in the lesson because he is just so awesome and has really gone through so much in the past and the Atonement is just meaning more to me each and every day. Oh he is just incredible and is hopefully going to be baptized on February 26. His family loves horses, especially his wife, and I was wondering if Nicole could draw a picture of some horses and send it to me so I can send it to them, I know they would just love that:)

Kristen got baptized on Saturday and it has been such a joy to work with her. Luckily she will be here in Indiana for a couple more weeks before she moves to D.C. We gave her a journal and a picture of us and she is just a gem. Last night we had a fireside called 'Why I Believe' where the missionaries in Indiana brought investigators, recent converts, etc. to listen to each others testimonies of why they believe. There are amazing people here in Indiana and I couldn't imagine serving anywhere else. I also got to see Elder Beach who is probably my favorite elder, we were in the MTC together and I just love that kid! So were very excited when we saw each other last night!

Sister Summers and I are finally back to being just the two of us, another sister went home so Sister Marshall is with the other sister (if that makes sense). It's been overwhelming to cover two areas, we did it but it will be good to give all our time to our area now. Transfers are coming up and we are just praying that we stay together since it really didn't get to be just the two of us, but whatever happens I know that President Collins is a very inspired man and knows what is best for each of us! For our last P-day next week though we are going to go to the Childrens Musuem!!!!!!

The temple announcement has been great for us to talk about to everyone becasue it has peaked the interest of a lot of non-members as well which is great because they can come to the open house and it is raising curiousity in a great way:) Anyway so it's finally warming up and the ice is melting and we are working hard. I love the people here and the growth that I have been able to experience. I have truly felt my Savior by my side constantly guiding me and I know this is the Lord's work.

I love you all and hope you have a lovely valentines day!!!!!!! Muah Muah

love,
sister erica lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment