Monday, February 7, 2011

Hello Family and Friends:)))

So this week has been very interesting. We had the craziest ice storm, it was so cold and I couldn't believe how much ice is here! It had started on Monday night and Tuesday our cars were grounded so we were still able to go tracting and then the ice storm hit again and we were pretty much commanded to stay in and clean, study, and whatever else. Wednesday the same thing happened, so we helped sister leonard, the member we live with, clean out her storage closet. Sister Summers and I made lunch out of food storage, we just kept adding this and that and it turned out pretty good. It has been such a weird week, I don't like staying indoors that long. Luckily Saturday night, some members picked us up and took us to our evening appointments. All the churches almost in all of Indiana were canceled because the ice was so thick it is a skating rink in the parking lots and people lawns and sidewalks. The elders in my district got permission from President Collins to bring us the sacrament so that was really nice. We went to go do a lot of visits yesterday and we went to a girl in the YSA branch that lives with her sister and her family, and we got to have a mini sacrament meeting with them and their little girls are the cutest!!!!

A girl that we have been teaching is getting baptized this Saturday and we are so excited for her. She is going to get baptized in Washington D.C. and so we are sad that we won't be there for it but it's been wonderful teaching her and I'm sure we will keep in contact with her for a very long time. I haven't felt too much like a missionary this week because we have been stuck indoors but it's been some good bonding time:) Yesterday we drove in more of the country of Indianapolis, Fishers, Eagle Creek, etc. and oh my goodness, there are the cutest homes, they are older but well taken care of and we just ooooed and awed while driving cuz we are used to ghetto here in Indianapolis:) I don't think I have ever seen so many churches, not LDS churches, but other denominations. There is a different church across the street, around the corner, everywhere! We went up to Butler University, which is a beautiful campus, and we have started to teach Dreana who is a firecracker and just understands the importance of why we the restoration was necessary. She is great and I can't wait for her to progress. We ate dinner with this family who is just hillarious and for dinner they fed us waffles with ice cream and strawberries, it was pretty amazing:) Then we met with Jerry, who was baptized right before I got here and started smoking again unfortuantely right after so we are teaching him the importance of the Atonement and to take his time with this and not feel like he has to rush. I have been so humbled especially this week to have met with some families that were majorly effected by the economy. It's been sad to see but we know that they can endure and with the Lord all things get better.

The weather is supposed to get bad again this week, apparently it's going to get down to 0 degrees, so not looking forward to that. I don't think I have worn so many layers, it takes forever to get dressed in the morning:) Sister Leonard was really sweet and got us a little heater and it works pretty well so that's been nice. This transfer is going by so fast, Sister Summers and I are hoping we get to stay in this area. We had a sisters training earlier this week and I got to see Sister Little, who was my MTC companion, and we were so excited to see each other. Hopefully we will get to be companions sometime:) It's another busy week but I love it and it feels good to be working hard and focusing on others in my prayers, study, and well pretty much everything. President Collins spoke at our training and he is an amazing man that has the Spirit with him constantly and is always pointing out that the Spirit is present and that He will help us learn.

Life is just dandy and I hope you enjoy the pictures that I took this week:)

Love,
Sister Erica Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment