Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello family and friends!!!!

Our P-day is today instead of Monday, because of the holiday so yeah that's why I'm a bit delayed at writing you:) I got the call from President yesterday and I'm getting transferred:((((( I'm going to miss being with sister summers, but we have had some amazing times together that I will cherish. I'm sad but I'm excited to see who my new companion will be and what area I will be serving in. President Collins always says that transfers are one of the most inspired things in the mission, so I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I said goodbye to a lot of people I have met and taught and it was emotional but I have a feeling I will serve in White River again. Transfer Meeting is tomorrow so I will let you know specifics next week and I hope I see Elder Nash, Cambria's little brother, so I can take a picutre and send it to his family. The weather was so nice for a couple of days, and then yesterday it was a down pour of rain and it's still pretty gloomy outside. But the squirrels are still out and about, there are squirrels everywhere, it's kinda cute. On Sunday, our church was cancelled because there was a gas leak and so the fire department came and evacuated the building. That put a cramp in our day, we never plan a back up for church, but we ended up having the best day!

I don't have my planner with me so I can't remember what all I did this week:)))) It's just crazy busy!!! Today we went to the childrens museum and oh me oh my we had a blast! We brought one of our investigators with us and our institute teacher has a membership so we were able to get in for free, it was so nice of him and his wife to do that for us. That place is absolutely incredible, it's the largest childrens museum in the world, outside of the building they have these HUGE dinosaurs crashing into the glass like they are trying to get in, it's amazing. They have the most awesome barbie exhibit, yeah we had a lot fun dressing up and being girly. They had a lot of the original barbies on display and it was so cool, I wish I would have been born in the 50s, it was so classy. There was a book I wanted to get about the lady who created barbie, so I'm going to have to remember that when I get home. Then they had a big exhibit about Egypt and it's amazing, you can see how they live over there and where the clothing, and just learn about the culture. Then we went to the dinosaur exhibit which is so much fun. You could dress up like a dinosaur and sit in a nest with dinosaur eggs, yeah we totally did that:) They had a exhibit on Anne Frank, Ruby (something), and Ryan White, so it was kind of depressing because they are these children who died in not cool ways and were ridiculed so we walked out of there feeling a bit depressed so we went back to the barbie exhibit to cheer us up. They also have this beautiful display of blown glass art in the ceiling and you lay on a circular chair and it slowly turns and it's like a big kaleidascope. It's so pretty. In May they are having a big exhibit on movie costumes, so we want to come back to that if we can.

I cannot wait for spring and summer to get here!!!! I need to go find more summer skirts because I keep getting warned about the summers here, but I hear that all the trees have colors of green I have never seen before, so I'm excited for that. Also the thunderstorms here I hear are incredible and like nothing else and I get to see fireflies too which will awesome! We had the funnest time at F.H.E. the other night, we were divided into teams and then found a scripture story that represented love and then we had to decorate a cake that represented that story, yeah our team had a little too much fun with the frosting. I love the YSA here so much, they are such a solid group and I'm going to miss them but they gave me their addresses so I will definitely keep in touch. I thought I was safe serving in the states with eating at member's home, but I'm not....We went to visit some people and we had already had dinner but the dad insisted we eat with them, and I have no idea what was on that plate but I don't think my stomach was ready for it after having the stomach flu. There was goat cheese and lamb wrapped up in grape leaf, fish (which I used to love seafood but I have been scarred), weird meats, and squishy cheese balls! Yeah that didn't last long in my body when we got home that night. Oh well gotta love it!

We have had some amazing lessons and I have been able to truly relate to people with experiences that I have had. I have been able to feel the spirit guide me especially this past week and I love having the guidance with me. Sometimes we use an analogy to describe the Holy Ghost to people and I love it. We all have the influence of the Holy Ghost, even if we have not been baptized, and so that influence is like someone is holding a flashlight and turning on and off at times for you, but after we are baptized, it's as if Heavenly Father is giving us the flashlight and we can choose to turn it on or off. I have noticed such a difference as I pray each morning to have the spirit with me all day. I am going to start writing down each day how the Spirit was able to guide me each day and I want you to do that as well and I promise that you will be able to see the Lord's hand in all you do.

We have been trying to make our dinner appointments more effective and leave missionary commitments with the members. So I'm going to give you all one too:)) Yay!! The church is really emphasizing the new website, mormon.org, and it really is amazing. It's geared towards investigators and is a cool way for people to relate to us and find out more about our religion in a more simple and clear way. One of the awesome features is that members can create a profile and pretty share their testimony on there, that is something that I would love for you to do. It is a great way to share how the gospel has effected your life and just how awesome the gospel is. So I encourage you to work on that in the upcoming week:)))

Well I have to go back to the apartment and pack up my life...again:) It's a good thing I kept those boxes you sent me. I'm starting to know why I was sent here and I love being a missionary. It's going by so quickly. All the missionaries have a transfer journal that we will pass around throughout our mission for other missionaries that we have served with can write their testimonies and funny things in there and put a picture in there too if they want, and so on mine, everyone that has written in it is drawing a little lamb:) Oh I love this mission, the elders and sisters are just a hoot!

I miss you but you are in my daily prayers and I think about you each a lot and I know that the Lord is watching over you and protecting you. I hope all is well and you are just as happy as can be:)

love,
sister erica lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment