Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello my lovely family,

Sorry I didn't write back last week:(((((( It's been one of those weeks that's for sure. Sister Vanderhooft and I have been continuing to have a blast and just enduring especially these last couple of weeks. I am so thankful for you all and for the wonderful blessing that family is. It has been hard to see a lot of families that don't have the Spirit in their home and we are trying to help them get that but it's so hard.

The ward has been so great to us and are always so willing to go to appointments with us and they are a strong ward. A member passed away 2 weeks ago from cancer and we went to the funeral and she was an amazing lady. She used to be in the tabernacle choir and her and her husband served their mission at temple square. He said that all the sister missionaries loved her because she would always give them massages:) My testimony has been strengthened of the plan of salvation, that's for sure.

We had an awesome district meeting last week and we all testified of the Book of Mormon and the spirit was so strong and I love the Book of Mormon so much!!!! We are definitely using the power of the Book of Mormon in our lessons and when we tract. Then Sister Vanderhooft and I went and listened to Jeffery R. Hollands talk that he gave a couple of conferences ago, 'Safety for the Soul' oh my goodness I get chills everytime I listen to it. I know the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and it really can change people's hearts. I didn't realize that Indiana was in the bible belt, so I've been studying the Bible as well and becoming more familiar and helping people understand that the Bible and the Book of Mormon support each other. A lot of people don't accept that, but we have our testimonies to stand on.

This past week has been hard, just because we have had these golden first lessons with potential investigators and then they just dropped off the face of the earth. So it's been a rough time just knowing that they felt the Spirit and so did we and then they just aren't interested anymore. It's been hard to swallow that and to keep going, but Sister V. and I had a really good talk last night and we are going to keep going and going and know that the Lord is on our side.

I love you all and miss you dearly!!!!!!

love,
sister erica lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment