Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh the adventures just keep coming here in Anderson!!!! We had an amazing experience last Tuesday while tracting. We received a refferal and so we went to see if they were home, and they weren't so we tracted on that street, because there is probably a reason that we were sent there. So we tracted the neighborhood and talked to a lady who was baptized years ago but she and her husband had a bad experience with missionaries and so they stopped going to church. We started talking to her on her front porch and the Spirit was so present there and I can't even tell you what we said but it was wonderful. We talked her for about half an hour and we just bore pure testimony the entire time. We gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to read Alma 32 which is one my FAVORITE chapters. We were walking back home and we just were on such a spiritual high and we were so happy!!! We went to visit her yesterday and she read the chapter but she still has lots of questions but oh she is wonderful and we were so thankful to be led purely by the Spirit.

We had interviews with President and Sister Collins this past week in Muncie and it was AMAZING. Oh I love them so very much and they really helped uplift my spirits and not let the slow progress of the area get me down. One thing that has stuck with me that President Collins told me after I expressed my discouragment was that people have their agency and we are doing everything that we can. He also told me to imagine how Heavenly Father must have felt to see 1/3 of His children walk away after they knew the whole plan, they still walked away. So even though the area is having a tough time right now, Sister V. and I are still going and going.

Oh my goodness last Wednesday was the craziest night EVER! We went to dinner at the Michaels, and then Sister Michaels went with us to a lesson. The weather was absolutely beautiful that day and then it just turned for the worst...Rain...Wind....lots and lots of wind. So she is driving us home and we hear the tornado sirens going off!!! So she calls her husband and he tells us that there is a tornado warning and so we turned on the radio and they are saying the same thing on all the radio stations. So we finally get home and we ran to our basement with flashlights, pillows, and scriptures and waited the storm out. We called our district leader and apparently it wasn't bad where he is serving in Marion, but luckily there was no damage:) It was kind of scary though for a minute, 2 girls from Utah, we had no idea what to do! We just laughed the rest of the night though!

On Saturday I did exchanges with Sister Humphreys and she came to my area and we had a good full day and I was able to learn a lot from her. She was companions with Sister Summers in the MTC and she is great. She is serving in the Kokomo area, which is a little over an hour from my area. We had a lot of fun! I am so excited for conference this weekend. A member of the bishopric made us little fliers to pass out to those that we come in contact with so we are hoping we get a lot of people at the church this weekend.

I love you all so much and thank you for all your love and support!!!! The weather is staying fairly nice so we are walking a TON but it feels so good!

Love,
Sister Erica Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment