Monday, April 4, 2011

Well I got the call this morning that I'm getting transferred:(((( I can't believe how fast this transfer went! I'm going to miss Sister V. so much and the crazy awesome people here in Anderson, so it's going to be an adventure! We have transfer meeting on Wednesday so I'm excited to meet my new companion and where I will be. We are getting three new sisters so Wednesday will be a big day. This morning I was reading in 1 Nephi 3 when Nephi and his brothers are commanded to get the plates from Laban and I felt a little like Laman and Lemuel murmuring because I don't want to leave, but I know that the Lord will prepare a way and He is my companion that will never change. Elder Bronk, one of the assistants to the president, when he called this morning he told me that I'm going to love my new companion and my area, so I'm holding him to that promise:)

Conference was amazing and it made me and Sister V. homesick. I just loved every minute of it though and it was fun watching it at the church. I was so amazed at how so many questions that I have pondered over this past week were answered during conference. My testimony of my Savior and for President Monson have increased so much! We didn't have any investigators come unfortunately but we had some less actives watch it and I was so glad they came. We have been working with this guy Mike, who is a less active, and he just lost his job and is struggling right now, but he went to the Priesthood session and loved it. I think that will help him have the desire again to come to church.

We were working with these two amazing sisters and had some very spiritual lessons with them, but then it got more and more difficult to contact them. I loved them so much and they were just breaking my heart. We finally found Alice at home and she told us that she doesn't want to learn anymore and it's just too hard. Oh that just knocked the wind out of me, it was so sudden. I know she will have another opportunity to remember the things that we taught her, but man oh man that was hard to hear. Of course the Lord is completely aware of us and continues to show us miracles. We received a refferal and we were finally able to meet with her. Her name is Sherrie, and she found out about our faith because she loves food storage and everytime she would look up information, it would always bring her to our faith. So she felt that she needed to learn more about our values and standards. We invited a couple from our ward, the Barrs, and they are amazing. They remind me so much of you mom and dad, just their humor and the way they dress, and oh I just love it. They brought so much to the lesson and we really able to connect with her. Her family has no idea she is investigating the church and so I'm hoping she can stay strong through opposition.

We are continuing to work with Tina, and hoping that she will really start to progress. She wants to come to church but it's hard because she has 7 children and no car. Luckily she has been able to meet our ward mission leader and his wife and a couple of members of our ward, so they are so willing to help out.

The weather is absolutely nuts here, I have never heard or seen thunder and lightning storms like I have here. This morning while we were getting ready, it started thundering and we started seeing all this flashing and the house shook for a good minute. Oh my we were a bit nervous! No tornado sirens though:) Loooovvvvveeeee you all:))))))))))))))

Love,
Sister Erica Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment