Monday, April 11, 2011

SO GUESS WHAT????????????????????? I'm with Sister Summers again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when President announced it at transfers. We couldn't stop hugging and laughing. It was a great transfer meeting and a bunch of us went to lunch afterwards, oh I love all the elders and sisters in this mission, they are just top notch. So I'm back in my first area, Indianapolis Young Single Adults. Oh I'm so happy to be back, I missed everyone so much. A guy that I taught when I was first here, he got baptized on Friday and it was wonderful and then another girl that I taught here as well is getting baptized this Saturday. It's been such a blessing to be a part of their lives and see the amazing progression they have made. Chris was baptized on Friday and we got to meet his family, they are from Hawaii and his step mom wants me to come and stay with them when I get home:) Oh his family is amazing and they took S. Summers and I out to Olive Garden before the baptism and they gave us lei's to wear, oh they were real and beautiful purple flowers. It was such an amazing experience to be there and see how happy Chris is. The next day his brother and sister got baptized in Boston and so they flew there and then flew back to see Chris get confirmed. Of course it didn't go smoothly, their flight got cancelled and so they didn't make it to Sacrament Meeting but they were able to finally find a flight to Cinncinatti, Ohio and then they just drove to Indianapolis. They made here about 6:30 last night and we were able to get him confirmed and then he spoke at our mission's fireside, "Why I Believe" and gave a beautiful testimony!!! He is such an amazing kid that is going to go far in this life. His dad is catholic and Chris said that one day soon he will be able to baptize his dad. I totally want to be there!!! Renee's baptism is this coming saturday and Sis. Summers and I are going to be doing a musical number and so we are so excited for that. It's been amazing to be back here and see the change that so many have made and also help those that have been continuing to struggle. The Lord definitely knows what he is doing:)

The weather is getting absolutely beautiful here and it was 80 degrees yesterday!!! I can't believe how gorgeous the trees are, there are these magnolia trees everywhere and everything is just getting to be breathtaking. Sis. Summers and I have been fasting to find new investigators, and I know if we are obedient and keep putting in our best each day that we will find those that are ready to hear our message. An elder told us that our mission is going to be even harder because of the temple coming and so we are just praying to help those be ready.

We had an amazing testimony meeting in church yesterday, and this branch is just ready to do their missionary work! All the testimonies were focused on missionary work and they are going to help us so much, I just know it. We are also planning an 'Invite a Friend to Church' day where we will teach the basics of our beliefs and we are all so pumped to start inviting all those that we come in contact with.
I just love you all bunches!

Love,
Sister Erica Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment