Monday, April 25, 2011

Hey there!!!!!

Oh me oh my I have had it with all this rain I tell you! The weather is supposed to clear up by Thursday hopefully, but oh it's tough to try and find people on campus that's for sure. We had a lovely tornado again luckily we got in right when the torando sirens went off. Sister Leonard came downstairs and we had a slumber party with her, oh I just love her. Everyone was safe though, nothing to crazy. We got a call from our zone leaders the next morning and they were making sure everyone was safe:)

Chris Yim received the priesthood yesterday and got to pass the sacrament!!!! I was a proud mama:) We got to watch the Joseph Smith movie with him the other night to help him continue to understand and gain a testimony of Joseph Smith. Sister Summers and I felt like temple square sisters introducing the movie and everything...we giggled. For FHE with the branch we watched the Testaments and oh that movie just makes me so happy and I love reading the Book of Mormon and visualizing what it was like back in the day:) There are some really funny parts in that movie that I guess only Sister Summers and I found funny, the rest of the branch just laughed at us, but I mean we are VERY limited out in the mission so we take what we can get with movies:)))

We have had some amazing lessons that have just been over flowing with the Spirit. We went to visit Lindsey Brown who is going through a very hard time in her life and is a single mother and it seems like everything that could go wrong is going wrong. We began teaching her when I first here and then it broke my heart to tell her goodbye but I was so excited to see her when I got transferred back. We had a couple lessons with her and she just wasn't herself and it was so sad. We have been working the elders in Beechgrove and they came with us to our last lesson and she had that light again in her eyes. The elders gave her a blessing and it was amazing. Elder Enslow explained blessings so beautifully and said that they don't make all of our trials disappear but give us the strength to keep going. He also told her that the warm happy feeling she felt when he was giving her the blessing was Heavenly Fathers way of showing her how much he loved her. I know that helped her so much and she will be able to be receptive to the gospel even more now.

We are meeting with Hillary a lot more now and she is loving the YSA branch!!! We had an incredible lesson with her and a member of the YSA branch came with us and shared an amazing testimony. There were so many moments in the lesson as we were reading from the scriptures that the spirit was guiding as to what she needs and how we can help her understand. She has so many righteous desires and she is definitely on the right path!

Easter was wonderful yesterday!!! Our dinner appt. fell through so we went to our apt and had our own Easter dinner, we were quite proud of ourselves. We wanted to do breakfast foods, even though we didn't quite have all that we needed we improvised:) We had french toast, eggs, chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie, and we didn't have any bacon so we had chicken nuggets:)

A member of the branch is taking us to the childrens musuem today!!!!! They have a new exhibit that is movie costumes and it's supposed to be pretty cool so we are excited to do that! This branch is amazing and we are having a special sunday in may where everyone will invite a friend and we are going to focus the lessons on the lessons we teach. I know it's going to be a great day! We had to move it up a week because we had originally planned on May 29 but that is race weekend for the Indy 500 and it's pure madness around here. I live about 1 mile away from the speedway and so I will probably have to leave a couple hours early for church:) I guess people will sell parking spots on their lawns for outrageous amounts of money. So that will be an interesting weekend for sure!

Life is good and Sister Summers and I are just making each day count because I know I will never get another opportunity like this ever again!!!!!!

Love you all
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment