Monday, April 18, 2011

Hello my lovely family:)))

It's been another exciting week here in INDY! We have been doing a lot of tracting especially on campus and on the canal walk that goes through the city. The weather has been wonderful here and so lots of people are out and about so we are able to contact a lot of people.

Renee was baptized on Saturday and it was wonderful. She had tons of support from family and friends. Her brother flew in from India with his wife and so it was so special for him to be able to baptize her. I know her parents were touched and I hope that they can see the influence of the gospel with their children and take that step too. Sister Summers and I did a musical number at the baptism, she sang and I played the piano, "Come Unto Jesus." A lady came up to me afterwards and told me that I must have had an amazing piano teacher and she was shocked when I told her that I taught myself:) It was quite the compliment. It was such a good day and the YSA branch were very supportive too and I know that she is going to do great things! She was confirmed yesterday in church and her blessing was awesome. Also in church yesterday, Chris Yim, who was baptized last friday, he received a calling and is going to receive the priesthood next week!!! Oh I just love them so very much:) We are going to keep helping them progress and endure.

At institute the other night, Kristy, a girl from the branch, brought a friend from school, Terance, and we were talking with him afterwards and he wants to meet with us. We have a lesson with him on Thursday and he came to church on Sunday! We also have a wonderful girl that we are going to start teaching, Hillary, and she is so cool! She loves church and is hopefully going to come to the activities this week. Sister Summers and I taught the lesson last sunday in gospel prinicples and she was particiapting the whole time and really loved learning about eternal families. She is going to be baptized on May 7. We have been meeting with a student that goes to IUPUI, and at our last lesson we taught him the plan of salvation and afterwards, we were walking back to the church and we just were so happy because we both just looked at each other and we both had felt the spirit so strongly testifying to us during that lesson of the plan of salvation and the happiness that it brings.

We had an amazing district meeting on Friday, Elder Eames is the best district leader. Oh he is so awesome!!!!! We learned a lot about teaching people, not lessons and we role played and the spirit was there and I learned some things that I think can really help some of our recent converts. We have a few recent converts that we are so worried about and we are continuing to try to contact them because they are in various stages of less activity and we want to help but it's been a struggle.

I have never seen a spring like this before!!!! Sister Summers and I took tons of pictures of all the beautiful flowers and all the trees that have huge blossoms on them. There is one type of tree that is our favorite, it's called a red bud and it's just full of purple blossoms!

Sister Summers and I are just making everyday count and trying to work hard. We have had some hillarious moments that's for sure. Last sunday we were driving to church and all the sudden our car started making this horrible squeaking noise and it wouldn't stop unless we hit the brakes. Some of the branch members thought it might be the belt or something, but we took it in on Monday and apparently a rock got stuck and some part of the car was rubbing against the rock. Luckily the place where we took it, they were very nice and didn't charge us. It's been great to be back here. I am living in the same place I was when I was here before. Oh how I missed Sister Leonard, she is the member we live with. I was so excited to see the pictures of the Brigham City temple. I think they are going to break ground this fall for the temple here! BAAAAAA I'm so excited for it to be here, it's in such a beautiful area, Carmel.

I love you all so very much!!!!! Thanks for all your support and your love:)

love,
sister lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment