Monday, January 31, 2011

Yeah life just got even crazier but so good! Sister Haefele's dad passed away and so President told her that she should go home and she only had three weeks left anyway so it made sense. So now sister Summers and I are in a trio and covering two areas, White River YSA and Brownsburg. So it's been a bit stressful trying to balance the two and drive back and forth and make sure no one falls through the cracks, but the three have us have been getting along really well and I know that is helping us be effective. We have three baptisms coming up and I'm so excited for them. It's been amazing to see the change over these girls the last few weeks. One of them will be getting baptized in D.C. because she is moving there at the end of the month and has a lot of friends already there so she wants to be baptized there. We are teaching her here though and we just love her so much. Another one of the girls is absolutely adorable. We asked her if she would prepare herself to be baptized on feb 19 and she just broke down crying and she knew this is the path that she needs to take. Then we all started crying and it was just a bunch of love in the room:) Her parents came into town the other night and she wanted us to meet them and they are very supportive of her and I know that will help her down this path.

We are covering the Brownsburg area as well and that is more families and they take care of us that's for sure. They told us that their parents or themselves they were taught by sister missionaries and they just are so motivated to be member missionaries. It's been great to get to know them and be inspired by them. We had an interesting lesson last night and he was convinced that the Book of Mormon wasn't true and he got a little intense. It would have been easy to be confrontational but I simply bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and I shared my experience of when I came to know that it was true. We saw the spirit just change his heart in the middle of the lesson and he is willing to read it.

The work is just continually progressing and we are getting busier but we are doing really well and loving it. We are supposed to get some ice storms this week so we might be inside for awhile unfortunately, but who knows. I know that Heavenly Father definitely hears and answers our prayers. I was having a discouraging couple of days, not knowing how we are going to cover two areas, and why I'm here, and just 18 months seems daunting, but the Lord is completely aware and put in places and gave me the best feelings of peace and comfort and I couldn't imagine serving anywhere else. I hope I stay here in the YSA branch for the next transfer, I have gotten so attached to so many.

I'm getting to know more missionaries in my mission and they are just a hoot. I really do look up to them though especially the elders in my district. We had a district meeting on Friday and afterwards they gave the three of us blessings. It was so sweet and they were guided by the spirit.

I love you so much and you are in my prayers. The gospel is amazing and I know the more we live the way the Lord would have us live, we can grow closer to him and find happiness which is what he wants for each of us. I have been so humbled as I have been here, seeing how people really don't know that God loves them, so I"m so grateful for that knowledge and I love my Savior and what he is teaching me.

Love,
Sister Erica Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment