Monday, March 26, 2012

Dear Family,
Yesterday, was a day full of miracles. In Sacrament meeting, Sam  said the opening prayer and then it was fast and testimony meeting and he bore his testimony. It was beautiful. Then two members of the ward, received the Melchidek priesthood not too long ago, blessed the Sacrament. I was so proud of them and I know their wives were as well, these families have been through a lot, but the Atonement and the gospel have made it possible for them to work towards becoming eternal families. Donna  was confirmed and the spirit that was felt throughout our lessons together and her baptism, was in abudance yesterday. She's not alone and she felt that yesterday. Her baptism was absolutely incredible. President, I can't describe how special it was and I will never forget it. She had family members there that are not members and they definitely felt something. It was an amazing spiritual experience for everyone that was there. She was baptized at the YMCA swimming pool and it was after hours so no one was there. As soon as we walked in I felt the spirit there with us. Donna's health is not doing well, and she isn't going to fight her cancer. My little heart weeps when she tells us that, but I know she was holding on so that she could be baptized and be an example to her family. Her family will follow, I know that. We sang 'Families can be together forever' at her baptism and it was powerful. Her family will be eternal.
I think about the people that I have met here and my recent converts that mean so much to me, and I know that I promised Heavenly Father that I would bring His children back to Him. I felt that confirmation very strongly a few days ago. I'm supposed to be here now, at this age, in Indiana. I read in the previous general conference issue and there was a talk about missions and how where we serve can be holy ground, I believe that. I just thanked my Heavenly Father last night for this experience, for all the experiences I have had on my mission, I have no regrets. Sister Bankhead told me the other day that she noticed I was doubling my efforts, I want to do all that I can as time is getting shorter. I want to use the experiences and lessons to continue to be on the Lords errand.
I feel like I can help other people know they can receive answers to their prayers and feel God's love through prayer. I am able to receive revelation for others, but I had been going to Heavenly Father with some personal questions and felt like if He knows me then why are certain things happening when He knew how I would react. I don't like it when I question Heavenly Father and ask WHY, why now, but I found myself having a hard time trusting Him and the plan that He has for me. I felt like Enos, and I just prayed and prayed waiting for something. He answered. I have already received an answer and I wasn't willing to accept or act on the answer. I had to change my prayer and let Him know that I was willing now. The peace came. The focus came back. I know that God is there and now I know more than ever that He is there for me.   In our district meeting we were talking about prayer and that came to my mind. I am grateful that we can follow Christ's example, not only in baptism, but in all things and kneel as He did in the Garden. I was reading about that in the Bible Dictionary and the spirit filled my heart and prayer is more important to me than ever. I need it.
Sister Bankhead and I had some exciting events happen to us this week!  We were studying in the morning and we heard our Carbon Monoxide alarm go off, I know right, crazy, so we called our landlord and our district and then we had to call the mission office.  They told us to go and stay with the sisters in Martinsville that night and someone would come check it out in the morning.  Sister Bankhead and I come back in the morning and they sure got someone to come check it out all right, the fire department comes with their sirens blaring!!!!  Sister Bankhead and I just wanted to curl up and just go away!  They go in and check it out and it was fine but my goodenss it got made into a huge deal, we laugh about it now, but man oh man.  Then tornado sirens were going off like crazy this week.  We were having a lesson with Donna outside of the church and the sirens started going off and I have never seen Donna move so fast with her walker!!!!!  Last night the sisters from Martinsville came up and we blitzed IU campus and had some fun with sidewalk chalk, then they slept over and who knows what we are going to do today:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment