Monday, April 2, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I love general conference!!!!!!!!!  On friday night, I was like a little girl the night before Christmas dreaming about her barbie dream house.  Okay maybe that was an exaggeration, but I just couldn't wait!  I had a great week preparing for conference and prayfully went into conference.  I had specific questions and Heavenly Father was aware of me and those questions were answered.  Not necessarily an entire talk but little phrases that were said rang true to my heart and brought me peace of mind for now and confidence in my future.  We watched with our district on Saturday and then had a picnic between sessions.  Sister Bankhead and I made homemade cinnamon rolls the night before and they were delightful.  On Sunday afternoon we went up and watched it with Sam and Dixie.  It was the first time they have been able to be home and watch it, they usually have to listen to it because they travel so much.  It was great to watch with them and talk about our favorite talks with them.  Sam is doing great and is temple bound and is going to receive his patriarchal blessing and the priesthood.  His progression is fun to be a part of.  Donna was so excited to watch conference and she has had a great testimony of a living prophet from when we started teaching her. 
 
Sister Bankhead and I have been doing well and it's incredible to see her progression.  She has had a few bumps in the road this week and I hope I can continue to be a strength to her so that she can get through this.  Mission life is an adjustment and is an emotional rollercoaster.  I definitely know how she feels and so I'm more than willing to walk this path with her.  She is a strength to me and I love her very much.  It's been just a weird week in general and so I'm grateful for a fresh start this week.  We have interviews this week and I'm always so excited to meet with President and have him pour out his all knowing wisdom:))  I was getting after him for eating lamb, but I was grateful because Sister Collins backed me up..hahaha.  He asked me how I'm from Mountain Green and don't like lamb.  I just don't have the heart to eat it, but next week for Easter a family invited us over for dinner and they are going to do an authentic passover meal.  I have to eat lamb.........pray for me...hahaha
 
I love you all so much!!!!!!
 
Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment