Monday, April 16, 2012

Dear Family,
We had transfer calls this morning and I'm staying in Bloomington.  I'm so excited, this place means a lot to me and I'm glad I get to finish out here.  It has been a great week and I'm grateful everyday for Sister Bankhead. We have been seeing great success in Highland, we hit a rut for a minute, but it is growing and I love this area so very much. It's going to be very hard to say goodbye to Sister Bankhead, she really is one of my best friends and I'm so lucky to have her in my life and to have been one of her companions. She has a lot in store for her and I'm glad she is taking those steps so that she will be able to enjoy them more and more. I love her sooooooo much!!!!
The efforts that we put forth this past week were made manifest at church yesterday. Heather  and Jay  came to church with their families. Heather is doing well and is working on quitting smoking. She is preparing for baptism on May 26 and her husband, Uriah, is taking those steps with her. He is a less active but his testimony needs to be built as well. When we set the date with Heather, we had a member come and he gave her and Uriah a priesthood blessing, and Heather was able to connect that the rest of their evening was calm. When we followed up on church last night, Uriah said that the talks were exactly what he needed and that it hit the spot. Heather loved being at church and is opening up to us more. Jay  is Donna's  granddaughters husband. Her granddaughter is a member but has been inactive for years and they both have made decisions that caused a lot of grief in their family. Jay came to Donna's baptism and said that he would never forget it. We were able to meet with him and his wife and they came to church yesterday and they are both excited to learn. The ward was amazing yesterday and made efforts to go up to Heather and Jay and introduce themselves and made them feel welcome. We had dinner with one of the bishopric members and he told us that we had been doing a great job and thanked us for the work we have been doing. It meant so much to Sister Bankhead and I.
Sister Bankhead and I had a miracle happen in a lesson that we were both terrified for. We had committed Pam to baptism the week before and she had some questions on Priesthood authority and we told we would study her questions and come back. Sister Bankhead and I were stressing and came together in our companion study of what is going to be best for her. We had a member with us and we had a prayer in our heart the entire time. I know I was praying so hard that the spirit would enlighten her. We taught simply and she had a few ah-ha moments. She understood and the member that was with us connected with her. It was incredible. The spirit was teaching her and I thrive off of those moments. I love it. I just wish she would follow through with coming to church and hopefully we can help her understand the importance of the Sabbath day.
This work is full of miracles and I am a lucky girl to be here at this time in my life. I know I have given my best to the Lord and I will continue to every day. I know what it's like to have the guidance of the spirit and to simply be an instrument in His hands, I will seek that always.
Love,
Sister Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment